The Choice for Shea and IOI Loders Croklaan
Shea grows in West-Africa only and IOI Loders Croklaan, with offices in Ghana and Burkina Faso, is active in eight countries in West-Africa.
IOI Loders Croklaan, part of the Malaysian IOI Group, is a global producer of oils, fats and nutritional ingredients. The core business is currently focused on palm oil, palm- and Shea-based fractions for applications in the food industry worldwide.
Manufacturing facilities are based in the Netherlands, United States, Canada and Malaysia and sales offices are located worldwide.
Job Title: Plant Operator
Summary of Position
To ensure effective and efficient running of the production process. Making sure plant throughput, quality and yield are within targets.
- Work in tandem with the shift supervisor to ensure efficient running of the plant
- Monitoring and ensuring all process parameters are within range during plant operation
- Records process parameters and report out of range parameters immediately to shift supervisor for corrective action
- Ensure samples are taken to laboratory and analysed within specified time
- Maintain housekeeping standard to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Strictly follow and ensure plant safety regulation during operation
- Monitor closely the performance of all equipment and report quickly on any equipment malfunctioning.
- Laisse with maintenance team during plant maintenance
- Perform line maintenance
- Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain contacts with all departments especially maintenance and QA/QC team on matters concerning the smooth running and maintenance of the plant.
- Maintain close contact with logistics team for raw material and product transfers.
Responsibility for Company Asset
- Has responsibility to ensure all equipment are kept clean and properly operated according to SOP to avoid damage.
- HND Chemical/Mechanical Engineering (Production Option)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in oil and fat industry
- Ability to trouble shoot and analyze production problems
- Understanding of plant operations
- Understand equipment functionality in relation to operation and production
- Understand and able to perform simple maintenance works on equipment- Lubrication, replacement of seals and gaskets
- High level integrity and dependable
- Self-driven result oriented
- Can do attitude and persistent
- Openness and willing to learn