Posted on :
18 Oct, 2016
18 Oct, 2016
IOM, acting as implementing partner for the European Commission, is seeking to recruit a number of local staff for support functions assigned to the European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) in Ghana. All positions are short term assignments (2 to 3 months) based in Accra and offer successful applicants that opportunity to gain valuable experience of working for an international organisation.
Job Title: Project Manager Assistant
• Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Manager Assistant will ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the office and work in close collaboration with internal partners/agencies to ensure efficient flow of information and actions on instructions.
• Essential functions include the arrangement of appointments and meetings, contacting and liaising with high ranking representatives and officials, acting as interpreter and or taking minutes as and when required, follow up of deadlines and commitments made, preparation of informal translations and any other duties assigned by the Project Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree or appropriate higher education qualification and relevant experience of 3 years (preferably in International NGOs or International organisations).
• Excellent English communications skills are essential
• Fluency in any other local language would be an asset
• Proficiency in word processing and other Microsoft software required
How to Apply For the Job
Applications should be submitted by email to:
[email protected] – Clearly stating the position VNE number
Each application should include a CV and short application in English only, plus full contact details.
Closing Date: 28 October, 2016