ISRAD is a non-profit local development organization that has been providing development services since 2006. It was foundedto undertake integrated development research, design and manage development programme to improve the lives of people. Since its inception, ISRAD has implemented projects funded by USAID/PMI, European Union, Global Fund, Ghana AIDS Commission, and Warren Buffet Foundation, focusing on malaria, local governance and decentralization, HIV/AIDS and Sexual and Reproductive Health
ISRAD operates throughout the country and is governed by well experienced Board of Directors with key personnel who have accomplished and admirable credentials. It has its Regional office in Accra.
Most importantly, ISRAD has over 10 staff of varied backgrounds, a
network of about 17 different local consultants and associates in the
delivery of projects.
Our work is guided by the following principles:
Follow community priorities: ISRAD uses a participatory process
to guide the Communities and clients we serve to identify their
Led by demand: ISRAD undertakes projects that the community and
local government identify as priorities and transfers the
completed projects to the suitably-prepared hands of the
community and local authorities.
Work locally: ISRAD creates solutions appropriate to the region
where they are implemented, employing, wherever possible,
local labor and materials.
Form productive partnerships: ISRAD partners with communities,
government, the private sector and other international and local
organizations, and fosters ongoing partnerships among these
entities to ensure that our projects have the greatest positive
impact possible for the communities with whom we work.
ISRAD is currently seeking an
Job Title: Administrative Assistant Officer
For an anticipated project focused on Behavior Change Communication (BCC) initiative for the promotion of the use of microscopes and/or RDTS for malaria diagnosis.
- The Project Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative services to the Director of Programmes and the Programme Management Team in matters pertaining to all the programs in the Country.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director, the Project Administrative Assistant provides project management support services, including processing requests for payments, documentation and management of office assets.
- Sh(e) will also undertake budget management and monitoring as assigned by and under the supervision of the Programme Finance Officer .
Custody and documentation of Programme information:
- Setup and maintain job files in accordance with Programme’s guidelines and formats
- Prepare correspondence, presentations and/or reports as required
- Follow-up on correspondence and outstanding requests for resolution
- Keep records and files of financial and technical documentation and reports
Human Resource Management:
- Manage records of all personnel hired by or assigned to the Programme (Programme Management Personnel)
- Consolidate and manage records (database) of all personnel assigned to the Programme in operational Regions
- Facilitate outsourcing of required personnel, goods and services in line with laid down procedures and ISRAD code of conduct (professional ethics).
Programme Asset Management:
- Maintain records of Programme Assets at Programme Management Team Level and for regions, as assigned by and under guidance of the Executive Director.
- Plan, organize and oversee the provision of all logistical and administrative support to the field office .
Office operations and public relations:
- Coordinate meetings for Project Team with clients and partners
- Assist Executive Director and Programme Team with document distribution, scanning, copying, etc.
- Responsible for the setup and clean-up of meeting facilities utilized by Director of Programmes and/or Project Team.
- Provide timely administrative support to projects in all operating Regions countries
- Responsible for all Programme transactions
- Support preparation of background information for project implementation, work plans and budget
Financial Management & audits:
- Maintain Programme book keeping records and produce associated reports and related tasks as assigned by the Programme Finance Officer
- Maintain and account for petty-cash and other recurrent expenditures related to the Programme Management team
- Under guidance of the Programme Finance Officer, liaise on the conduct of project audit and ensure access by auditors to project documentation, personnel, and institutions involved in the project
- Undertake other duties per the requirements of the Executive Director
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree or HND in related field;
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in Programme Administration in local or international organizations;
- Working experience in project management
- Analytical skills and ability to multi-task effectively Coordination of logistics
- Experience in organizing and leading knowledge sharing activities, such as workshops;
Communication and computer proficiency
- Excellent communication skills-writing and editing skills in English language, including verbal presentations;
- Proficiency in use of diverse ICT applications; Self-leadership, professional integrity and peoples’ skills
- A self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organizational skills.
- Adheres to professional ethics and values
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- A good relationship builder and excellent customer-service orientation
How to Apply
- If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancy, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees.
- To apply for this role please forward your CV, covering letter, outlining your skills and experience and salary expectations to [email protected] by June 16, 2016.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews scheduled in Accra
- NB: Only soft copies of application will be accepted.