Posted on :
17 Jan, 2017
17 Jan, 2017
Turning Point Farms Ltd is company registered under the company’s code of Ghana 1963 Act 179, with a five board member. The company operate in over 300 communities in the Northern and Upper East regions of Ghana with over 13,500 farmers and still counting. The company operate an out grower model that put farmers into groups and assist them in the production, as well as the marketing of their produce hence ensuring a complete value chain. The company also assist these farmers with sources of quality agriculture services and farm inputs by helping groups acquire machinery through minimal contribution schemes. We give support to the farmers in the form of providing services such as land preparation, planting, harvesting, storage, transport and distribution and marketing of their produce.
Our clients are mostly based in the rural areas where the core livelihood activities are farming and other agro related activities. The company has gained 100% loyalty from customers who largely depend on us for the progress of their activities. As an agro company, our bankers are Unibank Ghana Ltd with logistics supplies to be established with Sonalika International, (West Africa Agrotech Company Ghana Limited) to be the key suppliers of all agriculture machinery and other agro support services such as irrigation, yet to be included in our products.
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
We are seeking an Assistant Accountant to be responsible for processing high volume invoices, payment runs, bank reconciliations and vendors’ reconciliations and undertaking a wide variety of accounting responsibilities.
• The Assistant Accountant will report to the Deputy Financial Controller.
Role, duties and responsibilities
An Assistant Accountant will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
• Monthly management account preparation
• Production of profit and loss
• To complete and maintain sales invoices and reports
• Accruals & prepayments
• Preparation of the Accounts Pack for review
• Bank reconciliation, posting and balancing
• Petty cash and other journal posting
• Daily bank receipts postings
• Assists in preparation of yearly budget.
• Prepare and make available documents for year-end audit
• Set up new suppliers on accounting software
• Reports on debtors and creditors
• Preparation of VAT return preparation
• Preparation of monthly payroll.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree, HND or its equivalent
• Applicants should have 2 to 3 years of working experience in the field
• Knowledge in an accounting software is an added advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with CVs should be sent to:
Closing Date: 25 January, 2017
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted