Posted on :
4 Jan, 2018
4 Jan, 2018
SEND GHANA is the oldest of the three affiliate national NGOs (i.e. SEND-Liberia and SEND Sierra Leone) established by the Social Enterprise Development of Foundation of West Africa ( SEND West Africa). SEND West Africa was founded in Ghana in August, 1998 to promote livelihood security,
equality of women and men and accountable and transparent governance. The target groups of SEND’s programs are mostly women, youth and farmers in conflict prone , resource poor and difficult to reach communities in each country.
SEND GHANA is an affiliate of SEND West Africa. Established in 1998, the organisation has evolved into a reputable and credible national Non Governmental Organisation with specialty in Policy Research and Advocacy; and Service delivery through the promotion of livelihoods security. In
keeping pace with current developments and in the bid to accomplish its strategic vision, the organisation is seeking to attract highly motivated and passionate professionals to augment its existing work force.
Job Title: Research Coordinator
Reporting To: Deputy Country Director
To ensure the coordination, administration and effectiveness of SEND GHANA’s policy and budget research and development of reports and policy briefs
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans and coordinates research study protocol, and the establishment of operating policies and procedures;
• Promotes research capacity building among staff and District Citizens Monitoring Committees (DCMCs);
• Ensures compliance with research ethics standards.
• Plans, implements, and maintains data collection and analysis systems in support of research protocol;
• Acts as the primary administrative point of contact for internal research staff and as the principal operational liaison for other research organizations and funding
• Coordinates the day-to-day activities of any technical support staff specifically engaged in the carrying out of research as appropriate to the position;
• Supervises and coordinates the provision of support services to staff researchers
• Assists in project planning, and ensures that pre-established work scope, study protocol, and regulatory requirements are followed.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum, preferably a research focused Master’s Degree in Economics, Development Studies, Development Management, Public Policy, and Social Sciences.
• Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in conducting research.
• Demonstrated understanding of policy-relevant research and familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
• Action (participatory) research skills
• Policy and Budget analysis skills
• Monitoring, evaluation and learning skills
• Research report writing, advocacy and Communication skills
• Programming Planning and management skills
• Training, team building and facilitations
• Gender analysis and mainstreaming
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit CV, cover letter and a summary of a written sample/research report not exceeding 10 pages to: the HR Manager, A 28 Regimanuel Estates, Nungua Barrier, Sakumono, Accra Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly use the title of the position as the subject line.
Closing Date: 15 January, 2018 SEND GHANA is an equal opportunity
employer and women and persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply