World Vision started working in Ghana in 1979.
It currently implements 34 Area Development Programmes (ADPs) in all the 10 administrative regions in Ghana, three institutional and six special projects which directly benefit about two million people through health and nutrition, education, food security, water and sanitation, gender and development, micro-enterprise development and Christian Commitments programs.
There are currently 74,213 Registered Children and 6,000 Registered Families with World Vision Ghana.
Job Title: Grants Project Manager
To ensures the effective and timely management an implementation of the project. He or she will work closely with the line and matrix management of the role and other departments to ensure compliance to donors requirements and adherence to technical specifications. The role will provide leadership and line management to a Finance Officer, DM&E Officer and other staff who may be hired during the lifetime of the project.
- The position is based in Bolgatanga
- The position comes with an attractive salary package.
- S/He reports to the Regional Operations Manager – Upper Regions
- Provide leadership in development of project plans, budget and overall implementation
- Coordinate with Technical Programme Managers and the Programme Effectiveness department to ensure implementation is in accordance to technical and budgetary expectations
- Monitor and assess key risks affecting project implementation adapt accordingly
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of financial reports and disbursement requests.
- Ensure that project finances and assets are managed in line with WV donor requirements
- Monitor budget expenditure and take necessary action
- Supervise and support the all direct reports, ensuring high quality work outputs
- Timely performance management actions and outputs
- Ensure timely submission of reporting in accordance with WV and donor requirements
- Ensure success stories and project impacts are appropriately documented
- Supervise the DM&E function to ensure effective monitoring, documentation and reporting in compliance with WV donor and WV standards
- Review quantitative and qualitative data with health specialist on an ongoing basis to evaluate performance of the project and provide guidance to the implementing team
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in planning and implementation.
- Represent WV Ghana at relevant meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Foster good relationships with communities and local authorities, ensuring that feedback and complaints are addressed in a timely manner
- Perform other tasks as required by management
Education / Work Experience / Skills
- First Degree Social Sciences (Development Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, or related); a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Three years’ related working experience in project implementation, at least one of which should be in cash-based programming
- Experience in implementing projects funded by WFP will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), able to make convincing presentations
- Competency in the use of MS Office suite
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.