Posted on :
3 May, 2023
3 May, 2023
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is a Japanese governmental agency which implements Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) and promotes international cooperation. JICA has been active in Ghana for more than 60 years, implementing its programs in sectors of Infrastructure, Agriculture, Industry, Health, Education, and Governance.
JICA Ghana Office is now seeking a qualified and experienced staff member in the agriculture sector as follows:
• Program Specialist in the Agricultural Sector Development and related sector (e.g. Rural Development, Microfinance, Climate Change, Livestock, Aquaculture and Fisheries, Forest Conservation), One (1) person
Job Title: Program Specialist
• To formulate projects in agriculture and its related sectors through discussion with office members and government officials concerned;
• To implement, or assist the implementation of, JICA’s projects with office members, JICA headquarters’ staff, experts and government officials concerned;
• To assist activities of missions and experts through making various arrangements and other logistical works such as conducting procurement, creating official messages, minutes, letters, and so forth;
• To maintain frequent communication with office members, Japanese experts, and counterparts of Ghanaian government officials concerned;
• To carry out and assist the evaluation of JICA’s projects and other activities in accordance with JICA’s procedure by collaborating with office members and government officials concerned;
• To collect, analyze, and report the information and policies of agriculture and its related sectors to office members through attending meetings concerned and making summaries, minutes, reports, arranging the vehicles, making appointments, making copies, arranging the meeting rooms, arranging the venue for events and so forth;
• To engage in drafting the agriculture part of JCAP (JICA Country Analysis Paper) by making inputs from data and information collected;
• To follow up the activities of the ex KCCP (Knowledge Co-Creation Program) participants and suggest the plan for dispatching new candidates considering the synergy with the existing projects.
• To make and check necessary accounting documents;
• To promote the public relation on JICA itself and its activities to the Ghanaian public and media and
• To perform other tasks, which is not limited to agriculture, as instructed by JICA Representatives and Project Formulation Advisors in JICA Ghana office.
• A probationary period lasting six months from the day of recruitment
• Renewable one-year contract upon satisfactory performance
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor or higher degree of Agriculture related area.
• At least 5 (five) years working experience in Agriculture related area.
• Adequate and proper business manner, discipline, strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated cultural sensitivity, and an ability to develop and establish relationships with colleagues, supervisors, and external counterparts.
• Excellent PC skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point for producing business/official documents, letters and reports as well as presentation.
• Fluent in English
Preferrable Qualifications & Experiences
• Working experience within international company/organization, NGO/NPOs and/or Donor Organizations in above related sectors
• Bachelor or higher degree of Agriculture and/or its related sectors abroad
How To Apply For The Job
Interested eligible candidates are required to submit their curriculum vitae by e-mail to the following e-mail address. The designated curriculum vitae format can be obtained via our website. Only applications with the designated format shall be accepted.
The application will close at 05:00PM on 5th May, 2023.
JICA Ghana Office (Mr. Matsuzaki)
2nd Floor, the Elizabeth, No. 68A, Senchi Link, Airport Residential Area, Accra, Ghana
Tel: +233-(0)-30 -2760781/2
After the selection of passers by the applications, we will inform the result to all of applicants at latest 5th June, 2023.
Please check this website and obtain the curriculum vitae format.
Closing Date: 05 May, 2023