Posted on :
5 Apr, 2017
5 Apr, 2017
We are a leader in the market of waste management in Ghana, a fully Ghanaian-owned company delivering the fastest and greenest of service.
JEKORA VENTURES LTD. (JV Ltd.) came from humble beginnings in 2003 providing cleaning services at the Odornaa main lorry park as a routine maintenance contractor with the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA).
With the pillars of diligence and hard work, JV Ltd distinguished itself and expanded into solid waste collection in 2004 as a Solid Waste Contractor responsible for a number of container sites in the city of Accra. JV Ltd also obtained additional market cleaning jobs at the pedestrian Odornaa Shopping Mall and built a Water Closet (W.C.) Public Toilet facility at Teshie.
Job Title: Compost Plant Electrical Technician
|Responsibilities||·Safe removal,assembly/disassembly, repair, installation, improvement, and preventative maintenance of highly specialized production equipment within an industrial process.
· Assist Mechanical Technician with general maintenance and equipment repairs
· Ensuring Process Controls as per required specification and to maintain all process quality.
· Maintain complete records, manuals, technical references, prints, and diagrams associated with all plant maintenance and repair activities
· Consult on and redline technical documentation, procedures, drawings, schematics, and manuals
· Update shift logs and document process variables in checklists, work instructions, procedures, and other media
· Preparation of reports and Maintenance of records
· Use desktop computer-based systems such as email, and MS Office Suite, etc.
· Participate in training and continuous improvement events
· Submit innovative ideas to the top management for the continuous growth of the organization
· Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
|Behaviours||· Flexibility with individual schedule as business needs warrant. This position requires strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
· Must have demonstrated leadership ability.
· Good decision making skills
· Ability to solve problems independently
· Ability to work with little or no supervision
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to be attentive to detail
· Computer literate
|Skills and Knowledge||· Understand and interpret electrical codes (specific certification may be required)· Install, remove, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, test, and/or calibrate various types of generators, motors, transformers, switches, control system I/O, wiring, electrical signals, UPS Systems/batteries, relays, communication systems, etc.
· Install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, program and/or remove sieves, dies and filters.
|Experience||· 3-5 years’ experience in production industry
· Must possess the ability to motivate the production team, creative, problem solving techniques, team building skills with emphasis on process improvement and operational effectiveness.
· Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus required. Must have high level of process improvement proficiency.
|Qualifications||· Electrical Engineer (HND) or Graduate (Bsc.)· Communication skill in English language
· Basic computer skills
· Experience in fertilizer production industry preferred
· Knowledge, skills, and ability to safely use maintenance tools and equipment
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to read technical drawings and schematics
|Physical Qualifications||The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of these jobs, the employee is regularly required to:
· Stand; walk; and use arms and hands to handle, feel, reach, pull, turn, grasp, and carry items
· Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
· See up close and far away
· Talk and hear
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
· Be able and willing to wear all PPE required for a high hazard, chemical industrial manufacturing environment and completion of maintenance work tasks
· Be able and willing to wear a respirator both continuously or intermittently and throughout the shift
· Be able to work up to 12 hours/day-at any time of day
· Climb up and down staircases, ladders, and scaffolding on an hourly/daily basis to perform job tasks
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit application letter and Cv to [email protected]