Jhpiego, an internationally recognized non-governmental organization focused on improving the health of women and families internationally and in Ghana is seeking qualified, skilled and highly motivated candidate to fill the position of
Job Title: Program Officer.
Reports to: Sr. Technical Specialist, MCSP (CHPS)
The Program Officer will work closely with Ghana Health Service, the regional health teams and other stakeholders and partners to implement activities and build capacity to support CHPS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and Implementation
- Lead the detailed implementation plan and schedule for project CHPS activities and field travel with CHPS team
- Review and update plans as needed and communicate changes
- Develop budget for training and workshops and submit for activity advances
- Lead project schedule and cost performance reviews and recommend adjustments to ensure deliverable are met within the given time frame and budget.
- Lead process to proactively identify and document risks that can negatively affect the project’s ability to achieve deliverable and develop strategies to mitigate risk.
- Lead process to proactively identify and document risks that can negatively affect the project’s ability to achieve deliverables and develop strategies to mitigate risk.
- Administer activity related funds as per policy and reconcile with finance team after activities
- Co-facilitate project schedule and cost performance reviews and recommend adjustments to ensure deliverable are met within the given time frame and budget.
- Coordinate and oversee a study on urban CHPS including data collector hiring and training, data collection, informed consent, using the right tools, data quality, etc).
Coordination, Networking and Representation
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with ministries, donors, implementing partners and other key stakeholders to advance project strategy.
- Coordinate planned activities with relevant stakeholders, partners, leadership and staff and ensure support and collaboration
- Represent Jhpiego and the project in meetings, workshops and events
- Develop and monitor detailed implementation plans and budget
- In collaboration with the Grants and Compliance Officer, review milestones and invoices for reimbursement
- Document the process by which sub-grantees are selected for awards and the implementation status of activities
- Conduct individual coaching, mentoring and supervisory visits to designated institutions, as needed
Record Keeping and Reporting
- Ensure adequate and organized record keeping of all project activities including plans, implementation progress, workshops, supervision visits and training
- Share records with relevant stakeholders and team members, as needed
- Monitor performance against results framework
- Collate and provide data with MER team for entry into JADE
- Work with team to identify and document success stories and case studies and share to relevant audiences
- Write and submit timely reports as required including key issues, achievements, successes, challenges and lessons learned.
- Ensure timely and adequate communication between MCSP and all Jhpiego projects and departments office in Accra and headquarters.
- Work closely with staff in Communications and External Relations team in Accra and Baltimore to develop accurate, creative story ideas for a variety of media.
- Act as the Jhpiego Office focal person for knowledge management.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the office knowledge management plan.
- Document literature reviews and contribute to program discussions.
- Review and edit technical materials produced by MCSP staff and partner organizations ensuring accuracy of content and language, and ensuring editorial consistency and standards.
- Represent Jhpiego Ghana in various knowledge management for a both internal and external to the organisation.
- Develop capacity building activities for staff, in coordination with the Communications Officer, to enhance their ability to communicate about project achievements/position Jhpiego
NOTE: All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the Jhpiego mission and values
- Participate in the business development process
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
Required Skills or Experience
- 5 years’ experience as a project manager ensuring project deliverables are met on time, on budget, and of high quality
- Advanced degree in public health or management
- Experience using program management tools (Gantt charts, stakeholder matrix, work breakdown structure, issues logs, project charters, etc.)
- PMDPro Certification(s) preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Quark, PageMaker, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, CorelDraw, Illustrator, Corel graphics is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detailed-oriented and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to foster a productive team environment
- Ability to lead team with diverse but complementary skill set to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple objectives and deadlines
- Strong time management skills.
- Previous experience working and familiarity with research studies
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Willingness to travel within country
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter and detailed CV including three referees. Email applications to [email protected]
Applications Close: Tuesday, 6 December 2016
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted