Posted on :
5 Jun, 2018
5 Jun, 2018
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
Job Title: Head of Marketplace
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Main responsibilities :
● Reaching your targets on:
o Active vendors on our platform
o Number of products live o Average seller score (score assessing the operational excellence of our sellers)
o Vendor Satisfaction (VNPS)
● Functionally managing 4 sub departments, the department heads and their teams
o Vendor University: ensuring adequate vendor education and training
o Vendor Relationship Management: managing the communication to sellers, driving the performance of our seller base and ensuring the engagement of our base
o Outbound team: responsible for calling the sellers as per automatic tickets raised
o Acquisition: responsible for acquiring and managing our seller base
● Optimizing all systems, processes and tools to ensure the most efficient marketplace to reach our KPIs. This implies:
o Sales Force
o Seller Center (stock, price & content management platform for our sellers)
o Inventory Management systems
● Setting up a best in class value proposition to our sellers and our customers through “Jumia Express”
● Set up and promote the Jumia Advantage Program – program giving strong incentives to sellers to grow their sell out as well as to improve their operational KPIs
● Leading all the vendor animation routines (part of the Vendor Relationship Management department)
o Performance management (assortment – sell out – operations)
o Communication plan (all channels)
o Organization of offline events
o Organization of vendor challenges, etc.
● Driving the “Sell on Jumia” brand and marketing strategy
● Leading the transformation of the vendor experience through different PMO executed at country level
● Giving visibility to Jumia Executive Committee as well as to your direct report, Jumia Ghana’s CEO .
Requirements & Qualifications :
● Very ecommerce driven
● Performance oriented
● Strong entrepreneurial mindset
● Strong management and leadership skills
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Well organized
● Resistant to stress
● 5+ years’ experience in consulting (BCG, Bain, McKinsey), 5+ years’ experience in ecommerce (Amazon, Alibaba, etc.), 5+ years’ experience in top banks
● Top Engineering, Business Schools & Universities (top 5 of your field for your country)
● Proficiency in MS Office and google tools
● Familiar with relationship management tools .
We offer :
● A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
● The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
● An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take