AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Mechanical Supervisor – Surface Mine Infrastructure (HV).
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Supervisor – Surface Mine Infrastructure (HV) is accountable for the monitoring and control of output of Surface Mine HV Electrical refurbishment to standard, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Electrical Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure for reporting performance
- Support the Electrical refurbishment and New Construction of Surface Mine Infrastructure in the project and transition into operations
- Execute refurbishment, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis
- Lead a team of Electrical Technicians HV to carry out maintenance of the HV electrics of the surface infrastructure, underground and processing plant during the Phase1 & 2 Operations
- Carry out electrical work relating to surface fixed infrastructure supporting underground operations – ventilation fans, Refrigeration plant, and emergency generator plants. Implements energy management initiatives
- Lead a team of Electrical Technicians HV to carry out maintenance of the HV Power system of the Obuasi Mine
- To effectively manage the activities of the work groups under this role’s control to improve safety, manage costs, reduce environmental incidents, and achieve the Obuasi Mine Redevelopment objectives
- Identify sub-standard work practices and eliminates them by corrective action
- Oversee of all Surface Mine HV infrastructure during refurbishment, later maintenance
- Conduct reviews of the refurbishment, later maintenance, of the HV Surface Mine Infrastructure to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Assist the Electrical Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Execute refurbishment, later maintenance, work checks on a routine scheduled basis.
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/ maintenance planning and scheduling
- Monitor vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of HV Electrical equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work contractors to time plan, escalate real or potential delays
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Maintenance or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced HV Electrical maintenance Supervisor with 5+ years’ experience in, preferably, Mine Infrastructure maintenance
- At least (3) years in supervisory role, preferably Mine Infrastructure maintenance
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Experience with Maintenance/Operating Machinery and Fixed Plants
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Strong Electrical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Supervising practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Ability to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 18TH MARCH, 2019.