The role will be responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial results of the company to all interested groups, ensuring compliance with relevant local legislation and supporting the strategic objectives of the company.
The successful applicant will also have to coordinate the overall financial accounting process and ensure effective and efficient management of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, T&E, Inter-company and General accounting.
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Corporate Finance Manager to join our team in Ghana.
Job Title: Assistant Corporate Finance Manager
- Ensure suppliers invoices are paid on time and in full with consistently applied terms and conditions agreed with the suppliers.
- Ensure effective management of general ledger accounts in accordance with International Accounting Standards (IAS). Perform balance sheet reviews and ensure that GL accounts are reconciled on a regular basis.
- To ensure that self and team always meet targets, due dates and quality standards to deliver information to enable sound and well-informed business decisions to be made.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures relevant to financial accounting domain.
- Ensure Management of fixed assets, ensuring that they are physically counted and agreed to the theoretical fixed assets register and relevant control accounts in the general ledger.
- To optimise the management of net trading assets ensuring that they are reconciled and payables & receivables are paid in accordance with credit terms.
- Professional : ACCA final or degree in Accountancy or other Proficiency Certificates
- Full knowledge of Local / International Financial Reporting Standards are required.
- Knowledge of Integrated Accounting Software and PC applications such as Microsoft suite and Global reporting systems such as Hyperion and SAP.
- A thorough understanding of computer systems, especially those affecting the financial control of the business.
- At least 3 years practical experience in both Financial and Management Accounting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- English and French proficiency