Posted on :
28 Sep, 2016
28 Sep, 2016
Applications are invited from suitable qualified candidates for the post of Librarian at Heritage College (HCC), Accra. HCC is an accredited tertiary institution offering degree Programmes in Business, IT and Theology.
Job Title: Librarian
The substantive Librarian would be involved with:
• Developing and managing collections of books and journals (both and electronic)
• Selecting, acquiring and cataloguing information using library and information software as well as websites
• Establishing and delivering information and digital literacy sessions to staff and students,
• Assisting researchers with literature searches using databases, printed resources and the internet,
• Dealing with user enquiries, which may involve one-on-one advice sessions
• Liaising with library colleagues on other campuses,
• Keeping up to date with relevant professional development programmes in the library sector,
• Participating in professional groups or networks
• Other duties assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
• MPhil/MA in Library Science/ Information Studies or related field with a minimum of two (2) years working experience.
• Knowledge in Computer Applications and Networking will be an added advantage.
How to Apply for The Job
Address applications to:
Heritage Christian College
P.O. Box AN 16798
Or email us:
Closing Date: 07 October, 2016