MODEC has been providing competitive floating solutions for the offshore oil and gas industry and is recognized as a leading specialist for Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), and Production Semi-submersibles.
Job Title: Instrumentation Engineer
Provides daily and ongoing controls & instrumentation engineering onshore support to the MODEC Ghana Facility Operations. The MODEC Ghana Instrumentation Engineer’s role is to complete the Controls & Instrumentation engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all Management of Change or specifically acting as Technical focal point for day-to-day Instrumentation, controls & metering equipment issues & support for work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations.
- Provides Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility.
- Provides production and operations engineering change support for the Facilities systems including power generation, production process control systems, utility and marine systems.
- Provides I&E and Control systems support to the FPSO systems technicians, engineers and managers.Strong troubleshooting & knowledge with DCS, programmable logic controllers and associated hardware is desirable, specifically for:
- Power generation, gas turbine units
- Yokogawa CS3000 DCS system
- Other applicable FPSO PLC’s
- FCS / FGS / SIS.
- Knowledge of relevant electrical safety acts, regulations, standards and international codes.
- Management and coordination of all project processes from budget preparation, financial approvals, schedule and cost estimates, risk and quality management, project execution and closure.
- Resource planning for current and future projects.
- Previous experience with the operation and maintenance of instrumentation and control systems within a large scale process plant.
- Identify, review, and approve any QA/QC requirements for the Facility’s equipment and packages that relate to the electrical & instrumentation components of all management of change engineering change request work scopes.
- Identify, develop, and complete Management of Change, Engineering Change Requests including Engineering assessments with respect to all electrical & instrumentation & control engineering related systems and equipment. This includes the design and engineering standards and specifications review and development. Proposed change markups, electrical & instrumentation equipment sizing, engineering proposals & calculations as required for project approval.
- Analyzes and reports findings on the performance monitoring activities related specifically to Electrical & Instrumentation operational issues troubleshooting. Identifies any areas of concern and provides recommendations to the operations team for resolution.
- Provides ongoing progress reports to the Senior Facilities with respect to the electrical & instrumentation change request work activities and any identified issues.
- Prepares project cost estimates for schedules, specifications for labor, and material and equipment. Completes technical bid evaluations of contractor/vendor bid submissions.
- Plans and manages work scopes with company approved contractors for the facility.
- Completes ongoing monitoring of the facility electrical & instrumentation equipment and systems
- A tertiary qualification such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Instrumentation & Control engineering or equivalent.
- Desirable Chemical or suitably experienced Electrical / Instrumentation Engineer.
- 10 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
- Able to demonstrate a good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Highly desirable, but not essential, experience with high voltage systems, Yokogawa DCS systems, HMI systems, instrumentation & control systems.
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the maintenance management system AMOS.