Posted on :
9 Nov, 2017
9 Nov, 2017
At DAMCO, we believe that a long-term successful career happens when there is a match between what you are passionate about, what you are good at and what is needed by our business.
Job Title: Central & West Africa Area COO
A successful career will include a variety of experiences that stretch you, bring you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to learn and grow in ways that also build our business.
• Responsible for providing input to area, regional and global (COO) strategies and for the implementation of approved strategies and tactics
• Service delivery, service quality and service attitude to ensure we deliver on our promises to the satisfaction of our customers – consistently and across the area and across time. This includes functions such as customer service, (warehouse) operations, program management etc.
• Deliver as per above at the lowest possible cost to serve – both for variable and fixed costs. This includes process standardization, automation, off-shoring, procurement, supplier management etc.
• Contribute to the growth of our business via
o New customer implementation
o Upselling of transactional products such as trucking, customs clearance and cargo insurance
o Input to product development
• Develop the COO colleagues and pipeline in the area to be a positive differentiator for Damco both now and in the future
• Responsible for the health, safety, security and environmental functions to meet customer, internal and legal requirements
• Drive compliance with other relevant requirements such as Group Commit Rules, RICC etc.
• Drive a mindset of continuous improvement across all aspects of the role using relevant tools from lean and agile toolboxes
Who we are looking for
Minimum of 7 to 10 years of senior management experience ideally gained within the international Logistics/Supply Chain management and/or global cargo transportation industry.
The ideal candidate comes with:
Experience with functions such as customer service, operations, program management, procurement, continuous improvement, process management, project management, HSSE,, and Implementation.
Ability to drive execution across multiple COO disciplines across the area while ensuring a constant focus on customer satisfaction
Effective change agent with the ability to adjust change approach based on circumstances.
Passion for service delivery and cost effectiveness – and for identifying how to constantly improve.
Preferable a prior understanding and experience from the CWAF area
Ability to balance operational priorities with commercial imperatives.