Location: Akosombo Area
Our production arm is searching for a Cost Accountant to join our team. We’re a growing organization and this will be a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, entrepreneurial and team oriented company. This role will include detailed analysis of production, as well as the preparation of financial and management reports. A large portion of this role will be forward looking, including participation in the annual business plan, budgeting & forecasting, and cost/benefit analysis.
In this role you will assist in providing costing support to the organization and you’ll help to improve our costing process. You will report directly to the Financial Controller and you will have regular interaction with production managers.
To be considered for this position you must have strong costing skills and be self-driven.
- Review current product costs including bill of materials and review current standard costs
- Design a process to build accurate standard costs per SKU
- Assist in creating appropriate value-added variance analysis
- Maintain product cost data integrity in the system
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and forecasting
- Proactively analyse and communicate impact of cost changes within the business to management
- Providing updates on issues or changes pertaining to Production accounting, including tax credits and application when we qualify;
- Partner with production managers to help them understand the overall performance of the farm from a costing perspective
- Analyse monthly financial statements, production variances, as well as standard labour and overhead rates
- Work on inventory pricing while ensuring there is a smooth transition from the Average cost method to the Standard cost method
- Assist with ‘monthly, quarterly, annual physical inventory counts and reconciliation
- Prepare and process invoices, and ensure all revenue is accurately and timely recording
Required Skills or Experience
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Strong costing skills
- Qualified or part qualified CIMA, ACCA, CA
- Self-driven with the ability take initiative