Modern African Productions is looking for a team of creative, dynamic, self-motivated, technically-savvy people to join us!Candidates should have experience working and multitasking in a high-pressure production environment.
- The Producer oversees each production from conception to completion. The producer will work closely with the technical director and crew for each shoot. The producer must have some input into the show idea development and cast hiring to shoot supervision.
- Involvement in day-to-day workings, participating in activities such as screenwriting, set design and casting is essential.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or a related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 2 – 5 years experience in developing TV formats & Short Documentaries, Production support experience for a Television or Production Company
- Experience using Internet production tools, MS Office and various editorial editing suites strongly preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and work as a member of a team.
- Must possess advanced understanding of newscast presentation.
- Must possess excellent writing and graphics skills with ability to provide an interesting and substantive product.
- Must be results oriented.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a creative, fast paced environment.
- Ability to make quick decisions without losing composure.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Previous experience with script writing and editorial experience preferred
- An affinity for creative works and sharp judgment a must. Candidates must be available to work flexible hours, including overnights and weekends.
How To Apply
All applicants must possess: strong writing, editorial and copy-editing skills and strong computer skills. If you’ve got what it takes, please check out the role above and email your CV to: