Posted on :
12 Apr, 2011
|Ghana – SCB|
|1. The role holder is required to market and manage SME customer relationships through pro-active and consultative approach and detailed understanding of existing customers’ business(es) to enhance profit and/or;
2. Acquire profitable new customers for the SME Banking business through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships, that includes effective consultative selling and creative structuring of financial solutions (within segmentation boundaries).
|Key Roles & Responsibilities|
|• Directly work with customers to deepen and secure new business relationships through the analyses of needs and provision of products and services.
• Creatively tailor products to meet individual customer needs.
• Analyses and reviews quality of potential and existing business to ensure maximum profitability.
• Manages credit quality standards through effective management of risk according to the Departmental Operating Instructions (DOI) and other SCB policies.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual and attempted customer interactions.
• Conduct customer meetings that have defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
• Work in close partnership with Business Analysts and Credit Managers to ensure that credit applications for new and existing facilities are correctly prepared in accordance with DOI.
• After consideration of individual case merits, recommend credits for approval by relevant authorities.
• Liaise and provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the provision of products and services to customers.
• May be requested to co-ordinate country or regional initiatives within a SME team.
• Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
• Responsible for delivering service to customers that matches the Bank’s brand promise of being ‘Here for Good’.
•Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’ efforts in combating it by adhering to group/country on,
Roles and Responsibilities
Know your customer
Reporting Suspicious Activity
Training and Awareness
• In particular monitor reports for suspicious transactions and ensure that reports of suspicious activity are escalated as quickly as possible. Ensure that all relevant members of staff receive AML training ring.
|Qualifications & Skills|
|• First degree or requisite technical skills gained through professional associations and practical experience.
• Five plus years of experience.
• Credit Skills Assessment qualified or enrolled.
• Trade Skills Assessment qualified or enrolled.
• Experience in a corporate banking an asset.
|Diversity & Inclusion|
|Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.|
How to apply
select professional job search and apply