USAID Advancing Nutrition is USAID’s flagship multi-sectoral nutrition project, led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), and a diverse group of experienced partners. Launched in September 2018, USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners. The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change, and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development. From 2020 – 2022, USAID Advancing Nutrition will provide technical support and assessment services to advance the Government of Ghana’s efforts to improve equitable delivery of quality services that promote household resilience and early childhood growth and development. Technical services provided through USAID Advancing Nutrition will strengthen national and local government planning in Northern Ghana and stimulate the development of multisectoral solutions to most pressing food security and nutrition problems.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support to draft and periodically review of USAID Advancing Nutrition Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) and ensure the overall implementation of the AMELP.
- Support to develop data collection tools for performance measurement of project activities.
- Design project-level performance management plans to track milestones and report on required standard performance indicators of the project.
- Manage the day-to-day entry of required data into project data management system
- Undertake periodic visit to project sites to validate and perform data quality assessment
- Provide cleaned and quality data to project technical staff as needed for program decision making
- Ensure that appropriate data collection procedures are used including M&E data tracking system methods for data quality checks.
- Support the project’s technical staff, government agencies and nutrition stakeholders to identify and develop performance indicators and measurement of multi-sectoral food security and nutrition activities.
- Support efforts to strengthen Regional Coordinating Councils (RCC) and Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) staff competencies on data-driven planning, implementation and decision-making.
- Provide accurate and quality data on time to the technical team for quarterly, annual, and other ad hoc reporting needs.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the multi sectoral nutrition issues (i.e. health, agriculture, social protection, WASH, etc.) in Ghana and key policies and government priorities.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Business Administration, Project Management, or related area of study and a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible work experience managing MEL needs of projects of similar size and scope or Bachelor degree with seven (7) years of progressive experience.
- Prior MEL work experience on a USAID-funded project.
- Qualitative and quantitative data management skills and experience including design and implementation of surveys, assessments, case studies, data visualization, and results dissemination.
- Familiarity with the monitoring, evaluation and leaning standards of district assemblies, regional coordinating councils and Ghana Health Service.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Suite, graphics, spreadsheet, database, and statistical software packages.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken with strong presentation skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 08/10/2021.