Posted on :
15 Feb, 2019
15 Feb, 2019
Jonhord’s Sell or Buy Stuff (Jsobs) needs a professional Web Designer with experience in WordPress content management systems to help with the graphic and user interface design of our website. We’re looking for a candidate who has created and maintained functional attractive website for companies. We want to talk to you if your portfolio includes clean, modern, responsive websites with excellent navigational structures and detailed linking. The desired candidate should be able to work on a part-time basis with a potential of becoming full-time. This will be a remote/telecommute position.
Job Title: Web Designer
Responsibility and Duties
• Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
• Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
• Develops site content and graphics; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
• Prepares site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
• Establishes locatability by registering with search engines.
• Implement and maintain high-quality SEO policies and incorporate them with content produced for the website.
• Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
• Protects site by designing and installing security precautions.
• Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
• Create mock-ups for proposed project pages and update them as needed.
• Stay up-to-date on emerging design trends and best practices
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Ability to develop mobile apps is a plus
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
• 2+ years’ professional (paid) web design experience
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Graphic Design or related field, or additional 3+ years’ experience if you do not met this requirement.
• Knowledge of content marketing a plus
• Knowledge in animation and video editing is a plus but not required
• Proficiency with ASP.net web forms or related web application.
• Advanced Photoshop and Illustrator skills
• Knowledge of WordPress standards and functionality
• Professional portfolio with at least 5 designs for internal review
• Web Graphics Design, Web Savvy,
• Planning, Web User Interface Design,
• Web Programming Skills,
• Understanding Browser Compatibility,
• Internet Presence,
• Close attention to visual and written detail and Excellent Communication Skills
How to Apply
Send your application to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 10 March, 2019