JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
Job Title: Finance And Administration Officer
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is currently recruiting for a Finance & Administration Officer for a recently awarded USAID-funded five year Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana. The overall goal of the project is to improve the capacity of the Government of Ghana (GOG) and its partners to provide quality and comprehensive HIV services for key populations and people living with HIV/AIDS using a coordinated and sustainable approach. The Finance and Administration Officer is a full-time position that will be based in Kumasi, Ghana.
The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for ensuring good Financial and Accounting Management at JSI/Kumasi Regional Office. The Finance and Administration Officer will report to the Regional Manager (Kumasi) and the Director of Finance and Operations (Accra).
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts routine Finance Review of the Regional Office to ensure compliance with USAID, JSI, and Government of Ghana policies;
- Prepare the monthly Regional Office accounts documentation, including QuickBooks vouchers and reconciliation reports and submit to the Finance and Operations Manager in Accra office before they are entered into the Master QuickBooks database at the Central Office;
- Ensure advances issued out of the Regional Offices are kept at a minimum;
- Compile monthly advances status report for all advances issued from the Regional Offices for submission to the Director Finance and Operations;
- Assist with the preparation of the annual PEPFAR and USAID Expenditure Analysis report, and other reports as required;
- Be a key participant during preparation of work plan and work closely with the technical team to prepare and monitor costed work plans;
- Prepare the monthly cash flow projections for the central office;
- Tracking and review of JSI vendors’ invoices submitted to the Regional office and ensure their timely payments;
- Support non-finance staff through in-house trainings; and mentor non-finance staff at the JSI/Kumasi Regional Office to ensure they are able to perform their core function of implementing program activities in their regions;
- Collaborate with the Grants Officer, Grants Manager and Director of Finance & Operations on the management of the grants program, including the financial monitoring visits, adherence of grantee expenditures to USG policies and procedures, and training of grantee finance/accounting staff as is needed;
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment for the office;
- Ensure that staff are well set up and comfortable in the office and surrounding premises;
- Manage the office storage system including detailed record keeping of inventory levels, and monitoring of use by staff as appropriately required;
- Coordinate all logistical support for staff and consultants including office set ups, hotel accommodations and conference bookings;
- Liaise with travel agents to obtain reservations and tickets for in-country travel;
- Coordinate with other staff to create and maintain administrative files for the office, keeping consistent and in an orderly manner;
- Work with the senior management to ensure safety and daily security of office premises;
- Interface and work with cross functional teams within the organization; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor which are in line with the general concept of this position.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum Bachelors, Preferred Advanced degree in a finance, accounting or business-related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in financial management and/or accounting in an NGO setting;
- Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs and knowledge of USAID rules, and regulations strongly desired;
- Experiences with PEPFAR Expenditure Analysis reports
- Strong organizational skills;
- Flexible and able to work collaboratively with cross functional teams within the organization;
- Excellent verbal and written English;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Access;
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting system desired;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience supervising, mentoring, and training staff;
- Able to travel to project regional offices; and
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all project and staff proprietary matters.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to
or submit hard copy applications to the address below by July 15, 2016. No phone calls accepted. For hard copy submissions:
The Human Resources Manager
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
House F/27/8, Fifth Circular Road Extension
(Opposite Alisa Hotel Labone) Labone, Accra