Posted on :
8 Nov, 2021
8 Nov, 2021
Judicial Service of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the following position: Head of Legal Department
Job Title: Head Of Legal Department
Reports directly to: Judicial Secretary Supervises: Senior/Legal Officers
Duties and Responsibilities
He/She will lead in:
• Preparing and filing writs, pleadings, submissions, statements of cases, witness statements, and other Court/ legal processes both for and against the Institution.
• Representing the Institution in Court and other fora such as the Labour Commission, etc. when necessary.
• Advising on civil matters such as high-profile cases that should be referred to the external lawyers of the institution.
• Liaising with the external lawyers of the institution in the discharge of their obligations to the Institution.
• Advising on statutory compliances. Researching and preparing legal opinions on civil matters affecting the institution
• Drafting and/ or reviewing legal letters, contracts, and agreements for and on behalf of the Institution and monitoring legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• LLB/BA and Qualifying Certificate in Law.
• Must be on the Roll of Lawyers and a member of the Ghana Bar Association in good standing.
• A Master’s in Public Administration or MBA would be an advantage.
• A high moral character with proven Integrity
• Must be highly proficient in the use of ICT tools.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should apply and attach their CVS, relevant certificates, and the names, addresses, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
The Judicial Secretary
Judicial Service of Ghana
Supreme Court Administration Block
P. O. Box 119
Closing Date: 28 November, 2021