The University of Cape Coast in Partnership with the Louisiana State University Agricultural Center in the USA with hire three program staff and an office manager for the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Technical Support Services (METSS) Project that will be based in North Labone, Accra. These two Universities will work with the United States Department of Agriculture to provide the Economic Growth Office of the USAID/Ghana Mission Technical Assistance for its economic growth and food security programs. This project began in 2010 and may continue through September, 2013, depending on funding from the U.S. Government. The duration of the employment agreement with the University of Cape Coast will be determined by the availability of funds for the METSS Project.
1. Financial Management Specialist (0.25 FTE)
- Office cash management
- Payment of recurring monthly expense for the operation and maintenance of the AUP Office, such as utilities and office supplies,
- Handle office imprest
- Make infrequent expenditures, such as office and vehicle repair and maintenance
- Establish and maintain a file of all expenses incurred by the AUP Office
- He/she will work with the Finance Section of the University of Cape Coast (UCC) to prepare the METSS Project Invoices of its expenses and will participate in the submission of monthly expense information, quarterly projections, and annual operating budgets to the USDA HQ as per an agreed upon schedule.
- Arrange logistic for the Accra-based University Partnership Team (AUPT), the METSS Project advisors that are embedden in the Ministries, and the University Partnership and USDA expertise, who will travel to Accra for Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) activities.
- He/she will have overall responsibility for the effective and efficient use of the AUP Office’s vehicles and drivers. This will involve monitoring vehicle trip/travel records and ensuring that the drivers comply with other requirement of their job description.
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in administration or financial management
- Previous experience in project management, either public or NGO
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Good computer skills: Knowledge of Excel, other Office software and internet competency
- Proven experience in basic logistics
- Proven experience in procurement and office asset management
- Strong communications skills, with excellent written and spoken English
Interested applicants must submit Curriculum Vitae, Salary History and a cover letter which addresses the requirement of position, to the following email address: [email protected]
. Insert the Position of interest in the subject line of the e-mail.
Closing: 01 Aug, 2011