Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Job Title: Head of Accounting
- Managing and maintaining the financial accounting system, and all accounting processes including daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash collection, GL, payroll, bank reconciliation and tax filings ;
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the business financial results, the preparation of the budgets, financial reports and analyses and supporting the analysis of financial results to the executive leadership team and Partner group ;
- Ensure compliance with all country legal, regulatory and tax reporting requirements ;
- Support in the design of policies and processes for internal control in order to minimize business risk and comply with local and internal accounting standards;
- Developing country/product specific policies and procedures to improve overall operation/effectiveness .
Requirements Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 – 4 years’ experience as an accountant
- Degree and local accounting qualification
- Knowledge and experience of processing receivable and payables
- Experience of making statutory filings for local taxes
- Experience with basic accounting systems like NAVision, QuickBooks or sage
- Experience with monthly reporting
- Potential to manage closely a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. We are building ventures from scratch, learning and solving problems along the way
- Hands-on attitude. E-commerce is 50% operations, so you must not be afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- Experience with or curiosity for IT systems and ERP systems. E-commerce is 50% IT, so you must not be afraid of systems
- Strong drive and ability to implement change in fast moving organizations.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.