Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platform consists of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Job Title: Commercial Planning Analyst
- Delivering on the business plan by leveraging on the power of the marketplace, bringing orientations, feedback, and support to the commercial team.
- Leading the commercial plan, taking an active role in the definition and execution of Jumia’s commercial strategy.
- Understanding the market, vendors, and customers to bring valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations.
- Monitoring daily performance to achieve present targets and objectives.
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all categories leading to action-oriented recommendations including ○ Building forecasts for large commercial events ○ Building detailed monthly projections and allocations at category level.
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations…), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross-functional initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools and processes
Requirements & Qualifications
- Action and results oriented.
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions.
- Fast learner and well organized.
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions .
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take