Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret design briefs in terms of requirements and needs – and produce working design concepts in quick turnaround time
- Design across all digital assets, e.g. website, web applications, advertising, electronic newsletters, banners, social media and other digital media
- Design, layout and format marketing and communications materials across the organisation
- Proactively recommend creative communications for marketing proposals
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas for tiered campaigns
- Amend final designs to feedback comments and gain full approval
- Work as part of a team/closely with designers, copywriters, category managers, merchandisers etc.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven and demonstrable graphic designing experience with a strong portfolio
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to understand design briefs and present creative design solutions, as well as communicate and present ideas
- Up to date with industry-leading software and technologies
- Highly proficient and able to prioritize design workflow
- Professionalism, attention to details and deadline-oriented
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and improve – no big egos required.
- Understanding of user interaction with design and data drove designing
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth gave the challenges that we propose you to take.