Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Title: Head of Engagement
As Head of Engagement, you will be responsible to utilize all Offline media channels & Social media to drive consumer adoption to Jumia. You will also leverage PR to foster Jumia branding.
Offline media channels will include TV, radio, out of home (billboards), print. Social media media will focus on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google (ratings especially) as well as Twitter (potentially).
You will work across different functions to execute the offline and Social media marketing strategy and deliver plans in line with company strategy and objectives. You will be especially involved during Jumia’s signature Tier 1 events – Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary etc – a key moment for customer acquisition and retention.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, manage, and execute key offline activities to deliver on the company’s objectives
Focus especially on key Tier 1 commercial events (Jumia Mobile Week, Jumia Anniversary, Jumia Black Friday)
- Define and execute the customer centric marketing approach of Jumia – drive focus, gather key data to provide marketing insight, execute brand health trackers with partners, etc.
- Monitor implementation and scale up Jumia influencer program – the cornerstone of our influencer strategy
- Ensure growth on # vendors participating to the program
- Assess the quality of the influencers and emulate the community
- Frequently interact with them to ensure they are excited to be part of the program
- Design and implement tool to better monitor the impact of their posts on some performance indicators
- Engagement levels on their posts, # app downloads, etc
- Assess and improve the quality of our posts
- Make checks on all our SoMe on a daily basis
- Provide guidance to ensure posts generate the right level of engagement
- Be ahead of the curve for all the viral trends
- Memes, challenges, reposts, news
- Share best practices across countries
- Foster genuine user-generated content – with a clear focus on YouTube
- Emulate our followers and users so they frequently post content
- Promote user-generated content
- Create virality / give it visibility
- Review Social Media Sentiment through Social studio
- Understand the drivers & design actions to correct any negative trajectory
- Support Jumia SoMe team interacting with our followers and customers on a daily basis
- Develop branding of Jumia as well as customer understanding
- Develop & execute long & short-term PR strategy to be aligned with country CEO vision, and building a sustainable relation with media, influencer & public figures
- Act as Brand Ambassador by presenting & guarding the brand
- Contribute to building the annual yearly marketing calendar with Online Marketing and commercial team
- Manage frequent surveys and focus group
- Manage & own the offline marketing budget, ex budget split across different channels, and end of month finance reporting
- Set specific KPIs for each activity and evaluating its ROI
- Develop Jumia talent pool by recruiting and managing the team
- Setting their KPIs, and continuously develop a positive spirit
Required and skills qualifications:
- Ability to think out the box
- Relationship within the media / offline marketing landscape in Tunisia.
- Management skills and strong leadership, the position oversees 5+ FTEs
- Minimum 5 years experience in advertising agencies/B2C company or successful entrepreneurial background
- Former employee referrals
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Closing Date : 9th May, 2020