Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Job Title: Junior Key Account Manager
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Regularly source, engage and onboard new vendors relevant to the assigned product category;
- Develop solid relationships with Jumia’s key accounts and partners, act as a consultant for them, providing insights on how they can maximize their Jumia marketplace business;
- Facilitate revenue growth by negotiating, improving and optimizing deals on a weekly basis;
- Support the Head of Department to plan periodic campaigns related to the category, including negotiating special deals and managing website exposure;
- Manage daily operations related to key accounts with the aim of optimizing performance, including pricing negotiation, content quality check, assortment level and inbound orders;
- Understand each vendor’s value proposition and to develop a clear action plan followed by rapid implementation to maximize vendors’ performance;
- Respect commercial team routine, agenda and guidelines;
- Liaison closely with all other teams to deliver an optimal vendor experience and seamless content upload;
- Promote Jumia’s value added services;
- Contribute to consistently meet and exceed sales targets and supplier satisfaction expectations.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Planning and organizational skills – Must have great organizational skills, be punctual, reliable, outstanding attention to detail and ability to prioritize efficiently;
- Commercial and sales skills – Ability to source best offers and negotiate appropriate deals;
- Interpersonal skills – Must be able to hand all vendor queries and be great at conflict management; must also coordinate with all other Jumia’s teams to supervise products upload and deals promotion at all times;
- Analytical skills – Must be able to conduct standard performance analysis and leverage KPIs and on own vendor knowledge to identify potential areas of improvement on a regular basis;
- IT and Microsoft Office skills – Good working knowledge of Excel’s basic functions, Word and PowerPoint, must feel comfortable with learning how to use the company’s IT platforms;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
- A passion to provide service excellence and improve the lives of others by providing key everyday products and services;
- An energetic entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a fast-paced and fun working environment;
- Previous commercial experience in the consumer goods industry is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, suitable for recent graduates.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take.