Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Job Title: Chief Marketing Officer
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The CMO is the full owner of the marketing strategy and key deliverables and is responsible for managing a team of marketing specialists for all categories and channels.
- Drive the strategy to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing campaigns for the entire organization (using market research/competitor analysis, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications and advertising)
- Lead the process to develop and manage the entire marketing budget and diversify investments in a strategic way for the organization
- Provide leadership and is the key point of contact for Jumia top management marketing related decisions.
- Define and set the marketing objectives/KPIs, strategy and action plans for the various business categories
- Responsible for the organization of marketing activities, the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the business
- Oversee the planning, development and execution of the organization’s marketing and advertising initiatives
- Provide strategic insights to drive offline/online advertising operations including TV, Radio, PR, SEM, SEO and events
- Provide leadership in the Management of all communication partners (media agencies, design, production)
- Define and drive strategy to build Top of Mind Awareness (TOMA), our presence on all social media networks and deploy action plans to position Jumia as a market leader
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- MBA/Master’s from top business or recognized university
- 7+ years professional experience in communication/marketing
- Experience in communication agencies as a strategist is a plus
- Experience in digital marketing is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong data analysis, strategic and analytical skills.
- Very detail oriented
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize projects
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take.