Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and reviewing transactions;
- Complete weekly and month end reconciliation requirements (AP, AR, Cash, Bank…) within the strict deadlines set;
- Enforce and implement necessary accounting process controls to ensure quality and compliance including proposing updates to the financial policies and procedures;
- Prepares and maintains a monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
- Supervise and ensure monthly accounting closing is timely and of high quality;
- Assist in completing external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts: providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements..
- Preparing/Filing all local tax returns.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and standards
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with ERP accounting software packages, like SAP or Navision
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required (Master’s preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in general accounting or tax accounting
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take.