Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
Job Title: Internal Controller
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
- Reviewing and evaluating the Internal Control and Compliance systems based on Group policies.
- Report all compliance issues and breaches of the group Internal Controls and Compliance policies
- Evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, Internal Control and Compliance framework, and governance processes
- Actively participate in the development of the risk and control structure within the areas of (Revenue, Procurement, Cash, banks, HR, Legal, Compliance, Vendor Management, Security…) based on the defined Group Risk and Control assessment program
- Assist business process owners in their business process reviews and risk-assessment
- Provide guidelines (control objectives, risks to be covered, good practices…) to ensure that Internal Control and compliance is integrated in the activities, with efficient and effective control designs
- Participate in projects as appropriate, for instance: process review, review of policies
- Track and contribute to the remediation of issues within the areas ensuring remediation is completed
- Identify, track and report operational risk incidents for the areas assigned.
- Ensure activities within the company do not conflict with corresponding regulations and develop measures to prevent or detect these instances
- Collect and analyze established metrics related to the control environment for the areas assigned and identify areas of concern
- Designs the annual testing schedule for the Internal Control and Compliance matrix in accordance with Group Internal control and compliance methodology
- Conducting compliance, financial and operational audits
- Have a consulting/advisory role
- Conducting ad-hoc audits requested by Group Internal Control Manager, Senior Management or support in other finance-related projects
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Audit, Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
- 4+ years’ work experience in Internal Control and Compliance/audit showing regular progression and culminating in a senior role in Internal Control and Compliance or audit.
- Strong experience/background in Finance, Supply Chain processes, and ERP systems
- Knowledge of COSO and SOX is an added value. Public accounting firm experience is preferred. Professional certifications (i.e., CPA, CA, CIA…) are a plus.
- Ability to conduct walkthrough meetings with stakeholders and provide value-add process improvement recommendations. Self-directed work style with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experienced Microsoft Office user (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Strong analytical skills
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others.
- Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Leadership experience: proven track record in building, developing and leading teams to success. Ability to develop a good work relationship with all other departments of the companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take