Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay.
The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Title: Commercial Operations & Revenue Head
Overview of the role:
The Head of Commercial Operations & Revenue at Jumia is responsible for anticipating and structuring commercial activity. It includes 6 dimensions clearly identified:
- Business steering monthly and daily from topline to bottom line
- Commercial event organization
- Price management to ensure we offer the lowest prices across all markets
- Inventory management
- Revenue management to ensure Jumia accelerates its trajectory towards profitability
- Weekly analysis of our Jumia actual trajectory versus business plan
The Head of Commercial Operations & Revenue is managing and coordinating the work of the commercial operations and Revenue Management teams. He aims at bringing exceptional growth for revenue, volume, margin, assortment and conversion rate.
The Head of Commercial Operations & Revenue is definitely a main contributor for delivering a world-class customer experience and ensuring Jumia becomes the most beloved shopping destination for Africans.
Your position as Head of Commercial Operations & Revenue entails:
- Coordinating the execution of the Performance Steering Actions (PSAs) with the Seller Management team
- Giving daily and weekly visibility on key deviations versus Business Plan
- Defining, coordinating and executing Jumia promotional events, from Black Friday and jumia Anniversary to weekly commercial events
- Promoting the diversity on our websites by coordinating commercial teams and marketing teams to highlight strong categories level
- Ensuring we maintain our gross margin by controlling Jumia retail and marketplace margins as well as assessing the performance of each revenue streams (value-added services, logistic services, etc)
- Approving retail requests as well as repricing inventory twice a week taking into account coverage, age, write off/back
- Ensuring Jumia is offering the lowest prices on its assortment by scanning, mapping and comparing Jumia and its competitors’ SKUs several times a week (“Phoenix Process”)
- Fostering deduplication on our platform (having a maximum number of vendors selling the same SKUs)
- Increasing the number of fast-moving marketplace SKUs secured in Jumia Express to ensure a best in class commercial experience
- Centralizing all BI requests from local and central commercial teams to ensure commercial has specs for each development needed and receive the right level of prioritization by our BI team
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Amazing analytical skills
- Organized and Structured
- A Fast learner who is resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
Expected background and technical skills:
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- 5 years experience
- A significant experience in e-commerce, management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative and able to work efficiently. We expect a leader.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds
Closing Date: 9th May 2020