Billions of people in emerging markets are coming online for the first time, most of them via mobile phones. Many have limited or no access to financial services.
JUMO combines technology with data to create progressive financial choices for anyone, anywhere.
We believe any individual should be able to leverage their data footprint and access financial services tailored to their needs.
A blueprint for our mission does not exist and our growth trajectory is steep thus we look for exceptional people who will enhance our culture and who have the potential to have an impact now and in the future.
We are motivated by an ambitious purpose and inspired by the exceptional people that we work with and we are looking for a Country Support Manager to join our Strategic Partnerships Africa team. This position will be based in Accra and will report to the MNO Country Manager in Ghana.
Job Title: Country Support Manager
- To support the MNO Country Manager in shaping and implementing the strategic roadmap for our key strategic partnerships for Jumo in Ghana by utilizing existing local market knowledge, operational execution and building strong relationships internally and externally
- Operational targets: Achieve product performance objectives by contributing recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; initiating productivity improvements, quality checks; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Relationship management: Sustain rapport with designated stakeholder groups by making regular visits; exploring specific needs; resolving challenges and anticipating new opportunities
- Actively engaged: Pro-actively seek inputs and stimulate discussions with teams responsible for Portfolio Management, Product, Marketing, Customer Insights, Data Science, Finance, Capabilities and Customer Operations to resolve potential problems and identify opportunities.
- Project management and coordination: Take personal accountability in proactively planning and executing new and existing projects and operational activities including but not limited to operational compliance.
- Reporting: Provide real-time, robust, reliable, insightful business information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business/Finance/Economics/Accounting or similar
- MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role in Financial Services, Technology, Telecom, FMCGs, FINTECH
- Experience in project management
- Previous high level and sophisticated relationship management experience across various senior and other levels in an organization
- Very good understanding and experience of financial products and performance, including credit risk, dynamics of lending, saving and some insurance
- Experience of negotiating with major counter-party to achieve and facilitate a given strategy
- Experience leading a team.
- Prior experience with mobile financial services
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Exceptional communicator, with effective listening skills, intelligent and articulate with strong written and verbal skills.
- Confident personality with strong presentation ability
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, multi-task, prioritize and handle a diverse workload
- Decisive, detail orientated, enthusiastic, problem solver
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment