Posted on :
23 Sep, 2019
23 Sep, 2019
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator
• Coordinate all aspects of monitoring, assessment and reporting of Danish supported maritime security interventions in the gulf of Guinea as represented by GcG MSP and the four key engagement areas, prepare regular technical background and
• Coordinate the design and implementation of an advanced tailor made maritime security course for littoral states along the Gulf of Guinea and immediate landlocked countries
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the monitoring and reporting of the Danish GoG MSP in close consultation with the Danish Embassies in Accra and Abuja and with programme implementing partners
• Based on the reports from implementing partners, prepare annual reports using PFS formats on programme implementation and submit to the Embassy of Denmark in Accra
• Develop and implement a framework for gathering, storing, analysing and disseminating programme related information
• Maintain and update the programme implementation database, incorporating data on relevant projects and projects under implementation based on the four engagement’s results frameworks
• Analyse and evaluate relevant data to ensure achievements of objectives and develop presentations and written reports on overall programme implementation in accordance with PSF guidelines and the programme’s management set up.
• Ensure that data related to Danish-supported programme in the Gulf of Guinea in accurate
• Serve as a course director for an advanced maritime security course at the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre
• Coordinate with organisation of the above-mentioned course with relevant internal and external stakeholders
• Establish a database of maritime security subject matter experts for use by the Danish Maritime Security Programme and the related courses at the KAIPTC.
• Prepare technical background papers on maritime security in the Gulf of Guinea for specific meetings of maritime stakeholders
• Facilitate the maritime security capacity development courses at the KAIPTC.
• Undertake any additional tasks agreed upon jointly by the Danish Embassy in Accra and the KAIPTC
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in the field of social science, development or other related field, as well as applied training in quantitative analysis/statistics, is required, Professional certification in project management and membership of a professional body is desirable.
• At least 7 to 10 of years working experience, 5 years in a progressively responsible role managing and reporting on programmes involving international donors
• Considerable working experience in maritime security operations and planning and in monitoring and reporting using result based management is required
• Project management skills, especially in managing regional peace and security projects
• Versatile in M and E processes and systems such as RBM, theory of change etc
• Research skills in peace and security in Africa
• Proficient in IT and MS applications
• Excellent writing, presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to manage capacity development courses
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Multi task and ability to work under pressure
• Fluent in spoken and written English, working knowledge of French and portuguese is an asset.
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to travel for work purposes to other West African countries
How to Apply
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their cover letters together with CVs and three references to the email below: [email protected] Please indicate the job title clearly in the cover letter otherwise your application may not be considered.
Closing Date: 01 October, 2019