Division/ Quality Assurance, Research & Development
Job Title: Research And Development Officer
Reports to: Research & Development Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To plan and perform activities of the chemical research laboratory for such purposes as product development and application
Your responsibilities as a Research & Development Officer shall be as follows:
- Assist in planning and coordinating programs for research, product development, marketing support and improvement of process.
- Participate in the approval of modification of product formulas, standards, specifications and process.
- Assist in the documentation of research and development.
- Document new product specifications & process parameters to enable consistent product quality and process runs
- Create and maintain a library of products, flavours, process conditions and packaging options, which will enable the marketing team to offer a variety of products to the customer
- Undertake simple modification to suit purpose
- Participate in the development of Quality Systems which will enable full traceability of products from raw materials to packaging materials.
- Responsible for the legal compliance of new products during product manufacture, distribution and sale.
- Visit customer facilities with the marketing team and understand the requirements for customers in terms of product attributes (Colour, Flavour, Taste, Appearance and Quality standards) based on customer end uses.
Education and/or Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- A minimum of a Degree in Food Technology, Biological Sciences or Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of at least 2 years relevant experience
- A sound business acumen
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply
Please submit all your application letters and CVs including Certificates to [email protected]
ONLY Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.