The overall scope of the Marketing Manager is to assist the Director of Sales & Marketing to position and promote the hotel and its outlets as the market leader through Marketing activities as well as to ensure compliance with the brand Kempinski.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Marketing Manager
- Under the supervision of the Director of Sales & Marketing create the hotel media and marketing plan.
- Implement media and marketing plan and coordinate with agencies.
- Determine overall marketing campaign ROI. Monitor and review the response rates in order to improve and take corrective measures (where applicable).
- Play a significant role in developing the hotel Marketing budget and maintain budget control.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Sales & Marketing create and implement all Marketing activities, including but not limited to:
- Creation and print of collateral
- Promotions and packages
- Market analysis
- Plan, coordinate and implement direct marketing, both on- and offline.
- Maintain guest database for mailings.
- Liaise with F&B department to promote F&B outlets.
- Create, coordinate and maintain give-aways and collateral.
- Ensure picture storage and distribution systems are maintained (Picture Park & VFMLeonardo).
- Provide content and images for websites according to Corporate Identity.
- Ensure content and photography of 3rd party websites is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Identity guidelines.
- Act as brand custodian for hotel and Kempinski brand.
- Ensure all creatives are reviewed and approved by Corporate Marketing in a timely manner before advertising agency or printer proceeds.
- Attend to and deliver all requirements of Corporate Marketing within the given deadlines.
- Coordinate between hotel and Corporate Marketing and agencies whenever necessary.
- Maintain updates of Corporate Marketing guidelines and inform colleagues.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments, especially sales, Public Relations and web as well as creative agencies and suppliers.
- Bring ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, other promotional activities and invitation lists.
- Pro-actively promote Rooms, Food and Beverage including Banquet/Conferences, or any other current or forthcoming activities which lead to potential sources of business.
- Contribute to my.kempinski to share best Marketing practices, the best practices can be collateral, successful promotions, outlet launches etc, this provides a channel for inter-hotel learning and also creates motivation.
- Conduct competition checks, benchmarking and follow up on market trends on a regular basis.
- Keep up to date with Marketing trends and tools to enhance the continual learning process and make recommendations to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Follow the sales and marketing results and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Take part in sales and marketing training programmes.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the hotel including all activities, promotions, rates of the hotel.
- Provide administrate support for the Marketing office in the absence of a coordinator.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a citizen
- Masters Degree in Hospitality/ Marketing and Public Relations
- 3-4 years experience in hotel PR & Marketing department
- 3-4 years experience in a media agency
- Excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
- Additional language – beneficial
- Proficient understanding of the PR Principle fundamentals, concepts, tools and practices.
- Copywriting skills
- Experience in developing and running PR/Marketing campaigns and their analysis
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office
- Creative programmes such as photo-shop, indesign etc is a plus