Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Duty Manager
Under the guidance of the Front Office Manager assess, evaluate and ensure that long-term and short-term of the department are met. Support and assist Front Office and all Departments in the hotel to ensure a smooth, prompt and effective service to all guests. Direct and manage Front Office in absence of the Front Office Manager, respectively Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Ensures the smooth running of the operations on a day to day basis and in a pro active manner.
- Ensures that as per Kempinski Health & Safety Policy the Fire Exits are free of obstacles.
- Support and assist all Front Office sections.
- Ensures that all guests receives prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition and resolves related problems.
- Inform and co-ordinate with other operating departments e.g. Housekeeping, Engineering, Sales and Butlers of Front Office matters which may concern them.
- Check all correspondence of the day’s arrivals to familiarize with arrived and arriving guests and their needs, follows up as required.
- Control room availability for walk-ins and establishe accountability for guests departure dates and times.
- Follow up with Housekeeping any unresolved room discrepancies.
- Maintain reservation procedures, same day arrivals.
- Check all arrivals folios, follows up on credit standing of walk-in guests and validity of account to company instructions.
- Check all billing instructions and guest credit for accuracy. Follow up and resolve
- related issues.
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, uniforms, hygiene, appearance and posture for all departmental employees.
- Ensures that all departmental information is kept accurately and up to date.
- Promotes in house sales and facilities to maximize hotel revenues.
- Understand and carries out duties in line with Hotel Emergency Procedures.
- Inspects Front and Back of house for cleanliness, Health & Safety and reports any faults to concerned departments.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinates/Assists security personnel in all related matters.
- Responds promptly to any operational requests from Front Office and other hotel departments.
- Attends to referred and unsolved problematic situations.
- Co-ordinates and assists with accommodation and transportation of guests in overbooked situations.
- Completes VIP, delegations and group leaders welcome and farewell as appropriate.
- Conduct efficient hand-over with coming Manager.
Desired Skills And Qualification
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or related field or MBA
- Minimum five (5) years in Front Office Supervisory
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Minimum 5 years Front Office Supervisory position
- Preferably as Section Head in 5 star property.
- Proven track record with good progression.
- Mature & Customer focused.
- Additional language – beneficial
- Supervisory skills
- Luxury Hotel Experiences
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of Micros
- Comprehensive Opera knowledge
- Comprehensive Micros knowledge
- Up Selling techniques
- Microsoft Excel and Statistical knowledge
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.