Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Groups and Events Manager
Comprehensive consultation and mentoring of the Group & Event organiser under consideration of the client’s detailed needs & expectations with the goal to ensure optimal utilisation and selling of the hotel’s conference & sleeping rooms and revenue maximisation in compliance with Kempinski standards.
The consolidation and advancement of the hotels market position is guaranteed by setting and meeting new standards in response and follow up time and focusing on the conversion of the enquiries to definite bookings.
- Direct receipt, qualification and coordination of event & group requests (incl. leads, RFPs, etc.) defined by their direct supervisor.
- Handle requests according to the relevant standards within a maximum of 5 (business) hours of its receipt.
- Ensure the ideal and most effective utilisation of the meeting and conference rooms.
- Realise up sell possibilities to meet and surpass Group & Event budget goals.
- Thoroughly input, supervise and maintain the requests in the Opera S&C System according to the data input standards.
- Create activities to ensure ongoing maintenance of bookings.
- Generate proper proposals and contracts.
- Follow up on sent out proposals within 24 hours (1 working day) to ensure the client has received the information and to clarify possible questions and issues.
- Handle the enquiries until conversion to definite bookings including negotiation, contracting, and site inspection before handing over to the Event Manager (or to the Group & Event Coordinator).
- Ensure a proper handover of the converted business to the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator with all relevant information forwarded.
- Introduction of the Event Manager / Group & Event Coordinator to the client.
- Conduct exit interview with important customer after their event – asking for future business.
- Cross-sell to other hotels within the Kempinski Group (and GHA).
- Conduct regular competition checks.
- Review monthly results and forecasts to recommend and execute activities required to ensure the hotel increases the market share and maximises its revenue.
- Further administrative tasks and other possible assigned duties.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to them by management.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Degree in Hospitality or its equivalent required
- University or Hotel School education preferred.
- Previous experience of minimum three (3) years in luxury hotels is required. Previous experience in Groups & Events management, Reservations or Sales preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Excellent oral and written skills
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
- Be proactive in achieving Event & Group revenue goals
- Relevant experience in Event & Group management. Hotel Operations experience a plus
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think out-side of the box”
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.