Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Job Title: Credit Manager
The overall scope of this role is to handle and monitor all matters relating to customer credit and timely collection of outstanding debts. To safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks and to maintain proper credit procedures in the hotel in accordance with local and corporate policies and procedures. To control and monitor prompt and accurate billing and collection of all accounts receivable items in order to minimize the amount of outstanding accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring that the City Ledger Aging is maintained within Kempinski standards.
- Invoices are issued no later than 24 hours after check-out and payment is collected with 30 days of issuing an invoice.
- Responsible for ensuring that all guest or credit card queries are handled promptly (within 24 hours) and professionally
- Uncollectable accounts are minimized and written-off accurately and on time.
- All credit staff are motivated and fully trained in all their duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing and conducting monthly credit meetings.
- Responsible for reviewing and making recommendations on all credit request applications.
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation is filed and in compliance with all polices.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding groups and catering contracts and the corresponding billing arrangements.
- Responsible for reviewing Guest Ledger balance daily and bringing discrepancies to the attention of the Front Office Manager and Controller if not resolved.
- Responsible for writing off uncollectible accounts after having exhausted all options and obtaining proper approval.
- Responsible for collecting, recording and keeping track of all payments due including deposits. Making sure that reminders and statements are sent on time.
- Responsible for supervising, training and motivating the Credit department staff.
- Responsible for hiring, counseling, evaluating, scheduling, etc, of Credit staff.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with regular clients.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the Controller and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with Controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3 years in credit management
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Opera, Excel and Word
- Experience in respective accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the consumer credit laws and PCI DSS
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure