Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
This position is responsible for supporting the Human Resources department in all administrative and other assigned areas.
The job of Human Resource Executive is executed satisfactorily by working closely with the Assistant Human Resources Manager in successfully leading the Human Resource team in all HR operational functions.
- Application Handling:
- Employment requests are acknowledged within 48 hours.
- Every applicant receives a personalized response to their application.
- Applicant correspondence is handled in a timely and professional manner and interviews are set up on behalf of management.
- CVs are distributed via the HR System (KEEP) to Heads of Department and followed-up on.
- Every applicant receives a final response to their employment request.
- Kempinski recruitment web-site:
- All vacancies are posted.
- The hotel page of the recruitment web-site is up-to-date and well maintained.
- All new joiners are personally welcomed and necessary paperwork completed in an organized and efficient manner.
- New joiner starting dates are communicated and coordinated with the
- respective HODs and the Training department.
- Ensure an efficient and compliant HR administration according to Kempinski standards and local requirements, including supervision of internal and external processes.
- Every employee has a complete employee file.
- Employee and payroll data is maintained in systems.
- Vacation and sick leave are tracked.
- Probation, annual and midyear appraisals are tracked.
- Ensure compliance with local labour and immigration law and handle all legal issues including staff disciplinary actions
- Employees’ anniversaries are tracked and anniversary gifts and cards are personally handed over by the Head or Department, Hotel and/or General Manager.
- Employee Engagement
- Assist in driving strong colleague engagement through employee communication and creative activities and events, and ensure proactive follow up on engagement survey results and ongoing feedback.
- Handle staff grievance issues proactively
- Project Management and HRIS
- Project manage the roll-out of new global initiatives at the hotel and contribute to the design and implementation of new tools, e.g. HR information systems.
- The employee communication boards are up to date and attractive
- Ensures that corporate and local policies and procedures are communicated and implemented.
- The employee locker rooms and cafeteria are looked after.
- Employees are welcomed to the Human Resources office in a warm and friendly manner.
- Every leaver receives an exit interview.
- Every leaver respecting a notice period receives an employment certificate on their last working day.
Additional objectives and responsibilities can be added at any time, depending on the need of the business and hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Relevant university degree e.g. HR management (Must have)
- A Master’s degree and/or a relevant professional accreditation would be a plus
- At least 3 years’ experience in HRM and 2 years in supervisory roles of HR teams in an organization of a similar size (Must have)
- Working experience in (Luxury) hospitality industry is a plus
- Local language: Proficiency in the local language spoken by the majority of staff and management is a must.
- English: Proficiency in oral and written English is a must.
- Other languages would be a plus.
- Good working Knowledge/experience in Human Resource Information System – from setup/implementation stage (Must have)
Functional Competencies: (All Must Have)
- HR professional with a proven ability to successfully manage efficient and compliant HR operations including HR administration & payroll, and where applicable, staff facilities (such as accommodation)
- Ability to implement robust processes for recruiting, identifying and developing talent, managing performance, and delivering an engaging employee experience
- Understanding of local labour and immigration law and local policies, regulations, and market practices
- Computer literacy (Excel/Power Point/Word), including experience with HR information systems
Personal Competencies: (All Must Have)
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Effective communication and listening as well as counselling skills
- Ability to engage, influence, and build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Role model for integrity ensuring fair and transparent processes at all times and inspiring trust.
- Where there is a multicultural team: working effectively in a diverse cultural environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and diplomacy
- Problem-solving and analytical decision making ability and results focused.
- Passion for hotel operations and identification with the brand’s core values as a luxury services provider.
- Excellent writing skills – good command over the English Language (spoken and written)
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Pleasant, approachable and people oriented.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.