Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state-of-the-art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (the largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa, a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Job Title: Hygiene Coordinator
To assist the Food Safety Manager, Food & Beverage Head of the Department and the Executive Chef in managing the overall hygiene programme as an efficient and productive cost and service centre ensuring a seamless operation and therefore contributing to maximising guest satisfaction. The Hygiene Coordinator ensures that the hotel is fully in line with local and International hygiene standards and assists in guiding, correcting, planning and organising Culinary and Stewarding operations.
- Ensure that all Food & Beverage employees have an adequate knowledge of food safety.
- Organise Food safety meetings and training and keep accurate records of all training and meetings held.
- Follow up with all related teams that training is understood and actions implemented.
- Develop food safety committees for the hotel to ensure all actions are communicated towards the operations.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage meeting.
- Develop a monthly report of the operational hygiene gaps and develop an action plan.
- Develop on-the-job training for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Develop classroom training for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Ensure daily routine checks are done in liaison with the Stewarding Manager in all Food & Beverage areas.
- Ensure daily checks of freezers and fridges in the kitchen and bar areas.
- Prepare and compile monthly and weekly F&B reports.
- Ensure that all data is recorded properly by the respecting kitchen staff and filed correctly for future reference.
- Check on a daily basis pastry counter, buffets and displays for the restaurants including the staff restaurant and banquets.
- Attend site visits for potential outside catering.
- Attend operations and set-up during outside catering to evaluate eventual hygiene gaps.
- Attend any visit of the governmental body in terms of food hygiene and encourage a positive working relationship.
- Contribute to sourcing new suppliers and ensure all suppliers are visited regularly to evaluate their production in terms of hygiene.
- Develop a regular pest control programme with the Stewarding department to ensure prevention.
- Conduct regular meetings with third-party hygiene consultants to discuss critical points.
- To collect food samples from events and outside catering for future reference.
- Spot check on receiving area for food hygiene and vendor product quality to ensure the hotel’s criteria is met.
- Be flexible to assist the operation when and as required during operational peaks or seasonal festivities.
- Ensure to withhold and not disclose any details or administrative communications, personal information or overheard conversations in the office to others.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel