The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned place of work, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and Kempinski in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction. All rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Steward Supervisor
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Maintain daily checks and log reports of all areas responsible.
- Assist to produce reports for the Executive Chef including; Monthly outlet report Monthly breakage and loss report, Chemical consumption per area, Trainers report
- Plan the weekly and monthly duty roster, ensuring that stewarding is adequately staffed and manpower is efficiently handled and part time labor expenses are controlled.
- Ensure that all required operating equipment is listed correctly with all detailed product specifications, purchase specifications and in line with the budget before handing to the purchasing department.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Be able to clean and wash pots, pans and other kitchen equipment according to the established standards of performance.
- Ensure that all garbage regulations i.e separation of items as well as the assigned garbage runs.
- Have the knowledge of all cleaning procedures, use of dishwashing machines and the type of chemicals being used.
- Ensuring that breakage is administrated as well as to provide constant feedback to the operation as a tool to reduce breakage and losses.
- Strictly adhere to the established budgets and operating expense plans, ensuring that all costs are controlled.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual operating budget for operating expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the annual business plan.
- Implement flexible schedules based on required business patterns.
- Ensure control and supervision on the requisitions of operating equipment, the storage and careful handling of operating equipment.
- Assist in conducting and participate in daily pre shift briefings with regards to outlets and banquets activities.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Lead the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Assist in preparation of the outlet’s budget.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that all outlets and departments are supplied with clean and dry operating equipment.
- Supervise contractors in kitchen and back of house areas of the Food & Beverage division.
- Coordinate all repair and maintenance reports for the respective departmental areas.
- Ensure all FF&E items for banquets, outside caterings and seasonal usage are adequately stored, protected and reviewed before using. i.e. cleaned, varnished and painted or polished.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities
- Local Hire
- Technical Diploma in Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year in Stewarding role.
- English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is beneficial.
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business Acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded