To produce an outstanding guest experience within the outlet concept by managing a service team in cooperation with the culinary team. The Restaurant / Outlet Manager provides a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximises profit.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Job Title: Outlet Manager
- Responsible to Head of Department/ Assistant Head of Department.
- Responsible for Assistant Restaurant, Restaurant Supervisor, Restaurant Head Waiter / Waitress, Waiter / Waitress, Host / Hostess, Outlet Cashier.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Understand thoroughly the concept of the outlet and train all employees of the outlet in regards to the concept.
- Set an example in terms of service, products and guidance of the team that reflects the concept.
- Actively participate in menu design in cooperation with the outlet Head Chef and Chef Sommelier / Sommelier.
- Organise tastings of daily dishes and new menus.
- Know the restaurant scene and gastronomic character of the destination and be recognized in the market.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
- Lead the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Assist in preparation of the outlet’s budget.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Obtain an account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for outlet floats when and as required.
- Identify errors and correct them as required during set-up, service and breakdown of operations.
- Implement a flexible work schedule based on business patterns.
- Establish a pool of qualified and trained full and part time employees in conjunction with the hotel’s People Services Department.
- Ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing the utilization of part time employees and closely cooperating with other Food & Beverage departments.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
- Manage daily or weekly meetings with the kitchen team and fostering team work to constantly develop the restaurant / outlet for more success.
- Attend all required trainings as described by the department.Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to employees on preparation, guest profile, service and menu served.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
- Prepare and review outlet’s operations manual updates annually in accordance with the Assistant Head of Department.
- Constantly improve the product quality by sourcing the best available products.
- Support activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction of the outlet with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Organise all required outlet specific trainings as described by the department.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Act as Food & Beverage Duty Manager during the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department and Assistant Head of Department.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or related field or MBA
- Minimum 2 years in F&B management role (Arabic Restaurant), preferably with a 5* Hotel chain.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Supervisory skills
- Luxury Hotel Experiences
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organised manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of Micros
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.