Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa, a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Job Title: Training Manager
The overall scope of Hotel Training is to ensure that the hotel is using the “off-line” as well as “online” learning tools provided by Kempinski to ensure as a company we are developing and growing talent within the organization thus securing the hotel’s ability to deliver exceptional guest service and drive the profitability of the hotel for the owner.
The Training Manager is responsible for the successful onboarding and development of the hotel team through well-designed and operationally viable blended learning solutions. He/She ensures that every corporate training is developed in both skills and competencies to deliver consistently beautiful performance that creates a signature differentiation for our brand in the luxury hotel segment, further positioning Kempinski as the employer of choice.
- Establish a training network according to Kempinski standards, including spending time in operations to foster this network.
- Analyze training needs and training effectiveness.
- Ensure that every department having corporately developed Training BITES has fully implemented these, and ensured they reflect all hotel-specific policies and procedures.
- Further develop the Training BITE Library by assisting individual Departmental Trainers in the writing and implementing hotel-specific training BITES.
- Embed all Kempinski training programs and training tools and comprehensively track their implementation to easily evaluate the attendance of required participants.
- Plan, design and deliver training programs.
- Devise a training marketing strategy, which is evident both at the back of house and reflected in campaigns or initiatives to address training topics/themes accordingly.
- Analyze the data on the e-learning platforms and utilize or market it to Management and Department Trainers to enhance learning performance.
- Coach and train managers and Departmental Trainers to improve departmental performance.
- Works with the General Manager to coordinate relevant learning for EXCOM and HODs as per their Individual Development Program.
- Organize and supervise Kempinski DNA and brand immersion activities.
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices, and processes to improve the efficiency of the training services offered.
- Work together with department heads and analyze operational quality performance using the Kempinski Experience Assessment Tool (KEA) and ReviewPro; then based on the results provide remedial training solutions.
- Train and develop Training team members.
- Complete Kempinski Experience Assessment (KEA) Checks as specified by the hotel management
- Identify potential training talent and propose & foster Master Trainer candidates.
- Ensure that the Kempinski Training Monthly report is correctly completed on a monthly basis and the results updated in the Regional Training Consolidation Report
- In absence of a Training Coordinator, ensure that the responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Lead by example and promote Kempinski’s core values.
- Prepare the yearly Business Plan and Budget for the Training Department in line with all company Brand Standards together with the Heads of Department and ExCom team.
- Ensure that an objective Self Audit (using the Kempinski Training Peer & Self Audit Tool) is completed at least once per year
- Promote and implement Kempinski Corporate Training policies and procedures.
- Establish and foster relationships and partnerships with external suppliers, training providers, and legal and safety entities.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the employee handbook and to the hotel’s policies on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.