To improve any revenue stream by selling the right mix of products & services, at the right price, at the right time, to the right customer, at the right customer touch point, using the right distribution network. We strive to balance the needs of all stakeholders by hiring and retaining the most passionate, experienced and entrepreneurial talents. The incumbent in this position is also responsible to materialise the maximum number of requests and reservations.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Revenue Manager
- Drive Market Share and Revenue Performance.
- Develop an overall pricing strategy to include all market segments and distribution channels.
- Effectively manage and be in control of all inventory.
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with Kempinski Revenue Management standards and initiatives.
- Ensure all distribution channels are optimized.
- Share best Revenue Management practices and key learnings with peers and management.
- Play a leader role on the property’s weekly Revenue Management & Operations meetings.
- Produce accurate forecasts on weekly and monthly basis (+/-5%).
- Train, develop, and motivate staff to increase productivity.
- Participate in staff recruitment, organise on-the-job and monthly training for all staff, supervise and manage performance in order to ensure clients’ satisfaction and adherence to Kempinski service standards.
- Control rates for group business, group space blockage and timely wash, especially during the peak season / high demand days when expected occupancy is above 85%.
- Assist in the supervision of the Reservations Agents in their daily duties, including pick-ups, travel agents’ commissions, staff responses to clients, etc.
- Update Serenata configuration / offers / confirmation letters to corporate design, if applicable.
- Control Rate Override Report on a daily basis for all departments.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Room’s budget and the manning guide for Reservations.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, renovation, special campaigns, theme events etc.).
- Spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
- Prepare reports on a monthly basis.
- Keep department informed of all changes in systems or procedures.
- Monitor group bookings and work closely with the Groups department in order to achieve budgeted figures.
- Maximise employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Achieve LQA / IFH results < 85%.
- Assist in maintaining an internal up-sell program for the Reservations department.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to them by management.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities
- Eligible for a working permit in country of hire
- Minimum of high school, Baccalaureat (Abitur), A-level exam and a Professional Certification
- (Bachelor, University Degree, Hotel School Diploma)
- Opera central systems knowledge
- Knowledge of either Fidelio V6 or Opera PMS is imperative
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Revenue Management, including
- electronic distributionA proven track record of increasing revenue
- streams or strengthening the performance of a property or several
- Experience with Revenue Management reports and market
- performance reports
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Be proactive in achieving rooms revenue goals
- Relevant experience in Reservations. Hotel Operations and Revenu
- Management experience are a plus
- Detail orientated and hands on
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Effective ability to supervise, motivate, train and develop employees
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, enthusiasm and be a motivator
- Ability to investigate systems malfunctions or user-input errors
- Ability to analyze data, make meaningful conclusions and base soun
- decisions and strategies on these
- Knowledge of industry-specify terminology such as ADR, RevPAR etc.
- Ability to adapt to a frequently changing market environment.
- Proactive and able to “think outside of the box”
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of Revenue Management:
- Good keyboard skills and proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include MSWord, MSExcel and MSPowerpoint
- PMS, Opera, IDEAS and EZYield
- Results Driven