Posted on :
15 Feb, 2018
15 Feb, 2018
To contribute to and to support Kempinski’s vision of becoming the undisputed leader in the hospitality industry, making our food & beverage offer a key differentiating factor for the Kempinski brand. The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage must grow into the position of Food & Beverage Head of Department.
Job Title: Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
• Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
• Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage products and services.
• Oversee the operations of the outlets appointed by the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
• Assist in preparing/consolidating the yearly budget for the department.
• Assist in preparing the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, attend the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management.
• Manage the consolidated inventory of Food & Beverage department’s OS&E together with the Stewarding department.
• Attend and actively contribute to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
• Conduct daily operations briefings with the Executive Chef in the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department.
• Attend or conduct (in the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department) daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
• Review and update all departmental operations manuals annually.
• Assist in sourcing the best available products, constantly aim to improve quality, communicate about the products both internally and externally.
• Establish good partnerships with suppliers and involve them in activities that will strengthen working relationships, e.g. invite them to the hotel.
• Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
• Assist handling guest complaints.
• Oversee every service at least once a week (breakfast, lunch, dinner, lobby, banqueting, room service, bar).
• Prepare a yearly marketing plan for the appointed outlets in cooperation with the Sales & Marketing Department including a competitor analysis.
• Follow the local and global food & beverage trends.
• Ensure that all managers plan and implement effective training programs in the appointed outlets.
• Be actively involved in the operations of the appointed outlets to ensure regular guest contact.
• Respond to any changes within the Food & Beverage department as dictated by the hotel management.
• Act as the secondary point of contact to the Corporate Food & Beverage Team.
• Support the implementation of corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, traditions and initiatives.
• Attend all corporate conference calls and the relevant regional and global Food & Beverage events in the absence of Food & Beverage Head of Department.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities
• Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or related field or MBA
• Minimum three (3) years in F&B management role, preferably with a 5* hotel chain and ideally experience in a successful stand alone food & beverage operation
• Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
• English – excellent oral and written skills
• Additional language – beneficial
• Supervisory skills
• Luxury Hotel Experiences
• Passionate for Food & Beverage
• People Oriented
• Passionate for European luxury
• Good Communication skills
• Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
• Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
• Works in a safe, prudent and organised manner.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Basic knowledge of Micros
• Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.