The incumbent in this position is responsible for checking-in and checking-out Hotel guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski procedures and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards. At all times, he/she must display a professional and positive image of the hotel as they play a crucial role in the first and last impression the guest receives of the hotel.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast CityKempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Front Office Agent
- Check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards.
- Ensure that LQA results are above 85%.
- Upon check in, register guest and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible. If needed, assist guests in completing the registration cards. Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel. Verify the guest’s method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures or refer cash handling payment to cashiers.
- Upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures. Inquire for last minute charges. Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice.
- Handle all front office cashiers’ transactions such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float.
- Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/receive information and takes appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be and not inclusive of issuing a safe deposit box, handling messages or dealing with a complaints.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late check-outs, early check-ins and special requests.
- Keep themselves informed of product and service knowledge as well as the hotel daily and meeting activities.
- Possess a working knowledge of the room reservation procedures.
- Maintain the neatness of his/her working area.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Responsibilities
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or related field
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in customer service position
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Operational knowledge of front desk operations
- Luxury Hotel Experiences
- Communication skills
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Supervisory skills
- Luxury Hotel Experiences
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Operational knowledge of laundry equipment (washing machine, dry-cleaner, pressing machine)
- Knowledge on how to clean different fabric materials
- Works in a safe, prudent and organised manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Opera
- Basic knowledge of Micros is a plus
About KempinskiHoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.