Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Executive Housekeeper
The incumbent in this position is responsible for managing the Housekeeping Department in order to ensure the highest standards of upkeep, hygiene and cleanliness of the Hotel, including all Guest rooms, public area, food & beverage outlets, banquet facilities and back of the house.
Closely monitors all processes related to ensuring high level of housekeeping services provided to the guest is timely and defect free.
- Lead the Housekeeping Department by developing and implementing
departmental objectives in line with the hotel business objectives.
- Supervise housekeeping operations such as cleaning and maintenance whilst ensuring compliance with all housekeeping policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of guests’ needs.
- Inspect all areas and take corrective measures in order to meet Kempinski Standards in terms of cleanliness, maintenance and supply.
- Develop, implement and continually review the policies, procedures, practices and standards.
- Select, train, develop, schedule and manage the performance of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure the efficient running of housekeeping operations
- Manage linen inventory and guest supplies and the ordering of supplies as necessary to meet quality standards and hotel business needs.
- Coordinate housekeeping duties with various departments such as Front Desk, Engineering, Sales and Marketing and Food & Beverage to ensure that all guestrooms and public areas are clean and well maintained in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in all refurbish and renovation projects planning, execution and final set up including snag lists.
- Prepare the annual budget and manning guide and manage the housekeeping department within budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinate and review contracts, including plants rental, Window cleaning contracts, Night cleaning contract, marble manganese contract, pest management contract, Room cleaning contract, flowers and decoration contract, and ensure compliance by both parties.
- Participate in the planning of hotel decoration for special functions and festive seasons and organize the necessary actions.
- Manage the performance of the flower shop and valet shop to meet high quality standards and business results.
- Keep abreast of all new equipment and cleaning products and evaluate their quality, maintain knowledge of local competition and housekeeping industry trends.
- Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meeting, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Eligible for a working permit in country of hire
- Equivalent of a College Diploma in any related field such as Administration or Hotel Management.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a housekeeping senior management position
- Preferably in a five star hotel.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Operational knowledge of housekeeping equipment and machine, including washing machine, dry-cleaner, pressing machine.
- Knowledge on how to clean different fabric materials
- Knowledge of chemicals
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Knowledge of Opera PMS
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of Optii Keeper is a plus
- Knowledge of Triton (Knwcross) is a plus
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with superb presentation and grooming
- Strong management skills and ability to inspire those in others
- Experience in revenue management would be an advantage
- Analytical and problem solving skills and execution of work
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.