Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Job Title: Security Officer
The overall scope of Security Agent is responsible to ensure that safety and security measures in the hotel are observed at all times and to support the director of security in all his job related affairs.
- Handle all incoming information etc. with confidentiality and forward to the concerned person.
- Take charge of the control room and monitor CCTV at all times.
- Ensure that gate passes are issued for all items/stocks that leave the hotel and each item to be logged in the register book. Make entries of all items received after working hours.
- Support in emergency situations and accompany guests or team members to local authorities /hospital if required.
- Prepare hand over reports from shift to shift.
- Assist Guest relations with information asked by guests, be proactive in guest contact and show interest in guest concerns.
- Ensure proper key control is followed at all times and entries are made each time a key is withdrawn or deposited.
- Monitor the different areas of the hotel on CCTV, noting any suspicious actions.
- Knowledgeable of all security policies, procedure and set standards.
- Ensure that a security officer is present when any office is opened or stocks are taken from the stores after office hours.
- Closely monitor the hotel lobby in particular for the presence of any call girls, persons under the influence etc.
- Assist the manager on duty in the event that immediate assistance is required.
- Assist the restaurant Manager, Doorman, and Valet Parker if required.
- Make security rounds of the guest floors at regular intervals with notes made in security book.
- Ensure that all fire exits and corridors are free from obstruction at all times.
- Respond to any fire/smoke alarms in the hotel and be ready to act accordingly.
- Ensure that all fire-fighting equipment is in working condition and all that emergency lights are illuminated.
- Accompany the bellman/Employee when opening a guestroom with the masterkey
- Make security rounds in the car parking areas and ensure the general safety of all vehicle and if they are correctly parked.
- Assist the local authorities if any VIP arrives or in case of emergency.
- Perform all duty and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules and regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the hotel’s policy on fire, Hygiene, health and Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
- Through hands-on management, supervise closely all Security Officers in the performance of their duties in accordance with Hotel Policies & Procedures and applicable laws.
- Ensure patrol has been carried out in all public areas, restaurants, guest floors, offices, plant rooms and all other areas of the hotel, ensuring safety, security and comfort of all guests, hotel personnel. Ensure that all Security personnel look out for any suspicious loiterers or articles.
- Patrol public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
- Assist the Assistant Security Manager/Assistant Managers-Security during his tour of duty
- Ensure the smooth running of all operational procedures within the department and in-relation to other departments.
- Conduct enquiries and checks on all security and fire related incidents and submit initial reports.
- Conduct roll-call/daily briefing during each shift on the hotel’s activities/functions of the day to the security officers 15 minutes before the commencement of their duties
- Assist/Organize the Security Fire Fighting Team in the event of an emergency.
- Ensure all Fire Exits are clear from obstruction at all times.
- Assist management and enforce offices in emergency situations.
- Assist in the investigation of any accidents and security incidents involving hotel guest and employees.
- Question any suspicious character in a polite manner; Refuse entry if the subject is not able to provide reasonable reply; Request for assistance immediately if the situation arises.
- Assist in employee bag checks and periodic locker searches and ensures that they are carried out according to the hotel’s Policy and Procedure.
- Monitor and control the movement of all employees leaving and entering the hotel through the employee entrance.
- Support the implementation of The People Philosophy, demonstrating and reinforcing Kempinski’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
- Ensure that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
- Ensure that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- Responsible for trainer security.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3 years in similar experience
- Excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Experience in Security equipment- eg. CCTV