Posted on :
29 Nov, 2017
29 Nov, 2017
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Job Title: Sales Manager
Responsible for achieving hotel targets by optimising revenues through an assigned account base, as well as prospecting new clients in assigned markets. Assigned markets may change according to hotel needs. The key measurement of performance will be performance versus the Revenue goals.
KEMPINSKI HOTEL GOLD COAST CITY – ACCRA
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
• The job of Sales Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
• The Hotel achieves its Financial Objectives.
• The Sales Team that the person works with achieves their Revenue Objectives.
• The person achieves their Personal Objectives.
• The TTTT is carried out to the satisfaction of both the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing.
• Responsible for key account management on an assigned account base or geographic area, ensuring revenue maximization, achievement of personal targets and increasing fair market share versus competitor set.
• Responsible for prospecting new accounts.
• Responsible for all segments of assigned geographical markets, which may include, but not be exclusively limited to European markets.
• Conduct site inspections.
• Adhere to the Corporate SOP’s.
• Follow up of tentative bookings in the assigned markets.
• Detailed knowledge of competitor set.
• Detailed knowledge of all services provided by the Hotel and all relevant facts and figures of hotel.
• Responsible for timely contracting from the client base responsible for.
• SMART contracting to ensure optimum yielding during annual rate negotiations.
• Attend trade shows, sales blitz, workshops, etc. in the assigned markets.
• Assist the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing in defining an annual sales action plan and execute set actions accordingly.
• Assist the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing with the preparation of the annual budget by providing statistics and forecasts of account productions.
• Execute sales actions within set cost budget structure.
• Document all sales actions in SFA (S&C).
• Update OPERA contact database at all times.
• Cross sell other Kempinski Hotels.
• Understand, and follow the Company Sales Vision.
• Participation in Duty Manager rota.
• Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
• Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
• Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
EDUCATION: Degree in Sales and Marketing or it’s equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years experience in a Sales position, preferably in a 4/5 star hotel.
LANGUAGE: Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
• English – excellent oral and written skills
• Additional language – beneficial
COMPETENCIES: To fill this position the candidate must have:
• Negotiation skills
• Selling skills
• Innovative ideas
COMPETENCIES: Computer literacy adapted to the field of Sales:
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
• Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering